Titanic: Anatomie D'Un Géant (Inédit RMC Découverte Canal 24)

Mark Chirnside

Mark Chirnside

Titanic: Anatomie D'Un Géant (Inédit RMC Découverte Canal 24) is a new French television documentary covering the key details of Titanic's design and construction. This production company has previously covered Titanic related subjects, without the sensationalism seen all too often elsewhere. I am advised by Jean-Philippe Marre that it will debut in France on 1 April 2022 at 21:05.

It is a French production and is entirely in French, however it may become available with English subtitles.

I know Jean-Philippe was interviewed on camera, as were Rudi Newman and I last September 2021 (among others). I'm also aware they consulted with Bruce Beveridge and, I think, Don Lynch. As always, it's hard to know what will make the final cut!

For further details, see here.

Seumas

Seumas

This sounds really promising. They've certainly got the right people involved. ;)

Surely has to be better than that "10 Mistakes that Sank the Titanic" rubbish that was shown in the UK not long ago.

Bruce Beveridge

Bruce Beveridge

Mark,

I was just informed by Steve Hall that this documentary came out. I found it on Youtube and activated the English subtitles. It's good to see you have not aged as usual, looking the same as I saw you last. Wish I could say the same. Good also to see Don and Father Pironne. I saw that they found great film footage of Olympic. I'm just watching it now on Youtube - not finished yet.

Mark Chirnside

Mark Chirnside

Thanks Bruce!

I never watch myself but I'm told it was a good programme. I heard good feedback about you also.

I do have some quibbles with it such as the claims about J.P. Morgan financing Titanic or (of course) the four-bladed centre propeller, however it wasn't one of those programmes where the reality was sensationalised too much.