Titanic and Me with Len Goodman

Philip Hind

Staff member
Sep 1, 1996
England
First episode tonight of this primetime documentary series on BBC1, and it's a great job so far. A fresh approach and some good interviews. While Len is an engaging and involving presenter. The episode tonight packs a emotional punch so far so lacking in 'Downton on Sea'.

Catch up on iplayer

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Certainly worth watching for the interviews with descendants of survivors and victims. But the programme's own research team come across as less than well-informed - the section about Gatti's a la carte restaurant, for instance, had me groaning.

Philip Hind

Staff member
Sep 1, 1996
England
Ok there were a few avoidable clangers, but at least it lacked the portentousness of many documentaries, with some actual normal people rather than a load of flatulent 'experts' ... certainly a populist approach but conveying the drama and tragedy without being too cloying.

Nancy Bratby

Apr 18, 2005
I heartily concur, obvious clangers aside, a most enjoyable and poignant first half hour of three. Definitely a keeper, whereas Downton on Sea will be for comedic value only.

Seatravel

Nov 2, 2011
Liverpool
I watched it - earlier today- found it very interesting and like Len as a presenter. I saw him present his search for his ancestors on a show a few months ago, where he found out about some of his ancestors who had been in the workhouse. It was interesting.