Titanic Bloopers

Apr 11, 2001
Jolly good! Now I must watch the film yet again!All this observation talent is needed in high places-am calling Spielberg!

A

Alex McLean

I do apologise, the stowaway was Italian, not Irish, sorry to anyone that was offended... it was 3:00am, my mind was a scatter.
Once again sorry.

As for the green light on the bottom of lifeboat 2, it can clearly be seen in a shot from the movie on page 46 of Ken Marschall's Art of Titanic.

J

Jeremy Winborne

Hello everybody

After watching Camerons Titanic i noted alot of stuff wrong . Being new to this i am not gonna claim to be a expert but the biggest thing I saw was the amount of time the berg was next to the Titanic doesnt appear to be the same amount of time that i have heard explained here . I saw that a hard to starboard was called which would have moved the stern towards the berg if i am correct. <if> Then after it hit they called for hard to port which would have moved the stern away and the bow back towards the berg . Well in the movie it appears the hard to port never happened , because the iceberg appears to stay along side titanic during the whole incident . Am i wrong about this or was it already noted ? And is my reasoning sound here . Hopefully it is hahahah.

Sincereily yours
Jeremy Winborne

H

Halsey Laurien Kessner

The biggest blooper in the 1996 version of Titanic was that the classes were Never allowed to mix so this whole thing between Rose and Jack could never have happened. Another thing , weren't the decks fenced off? Someone correct me here if I'm wrong.

M

michael john salvona

did annyone mention when rose and jack run down the grand staircase and get to the flooding dinning hall while being shot at by billy zanes character (his name escapes me for the moment)you can clearly see daylight shining through the windows behind them

Jun 3, 2005
I thought I read somewhere maybe it was on that us.imdb.com website that in the 1997 movie when Rose is on that raft when they show the sky you can see a small plane. I watched last night and didnt see a small plane.

Danielle

A

Alex McLean

When Rose is being lowered in lifeboat 2, she looks up to the port bridge wing cab and see's it's light, which shouldn't be lit anyway, but a moth flies past, this might be the small plane, but it looks very much like a moth. I doubt there would have been moths in mid Atlantic, though there were several in the area of filming.
Also in the electric generator room, the lights hanging from the ceiling are on an angle too, the scene was shot horozontally and was moved diagonally later after the filming.
These bloopers are just ones I have seen in various movies, both of these are from James Camoeron's epic. I'll post errors as I remember them.

Jul 9, 2002
Hello All.
Someone here has finally brought up what I concider to be the biggest error in Cameron's TITANIC. Mr. Salvona mentions the daylight comming throught the staircase windows. To me, the biggest mistake in that scene is the fact that Cal is SHOOTING A GUN on board the ship. At People No less! Now we all know that there were indeed firearms used on that fateful night, however I am quite comfortable in assuming that none of them were fired by passengers. Now I know what you are all thinking. Cal, Jack and Rose were made up characters. Indeed, their entire escapade was pure fantasy. However, I think that this was a part of fiction best left on the cutting room floor. If we are to suspend our own belief and try to emmerse ourselves in the movie and events of that night, we should not have to see something as erroneous as this. If someone fired a weapon, one of the survivors would have mentioned it. Shame on Mr. Cameron for "Hollywood-izing" such a tragic night with the supposed "action" that gunplay brings. Movies are violent enough, and this is one historic event where bullets didnt need to fly!
Cheers!
Ryan

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Ryan, if you check out some of the threads debating the Murdoch suicide thing, you'll find that some of the survivors did mention weapons being fired. Bullets really did fly that night. Whether or not they actually hit anybody is fertile ground for debate, but it did happen.

And why assume (A dangerous passtime) that none of the passengers wouldn't have joined the party? There was a lot less in the way of firearms regulation back then and passengers packing heat was not unknown. Witness the loaded revolver found on Michel Navratil Sr's body. (You can read about that Here) It's not at all unlikely that a few others were packing as well, and not unlikely that one or two might have been used.

Jul 9, 2002
Mr. Standart,
Thank you for your cordial and well thought out response to my post! The one thing that I Love about this place is that the majority of the people we have the pleasure of interacting with are both friendly and quite knowledgable of the subject matter at hand. I eagerly look forward to further coorespondance with you!
Now I must respond to your post in kind. In my post I wrote "Now we all know that there were indeed firearms used on that fateful night,..." Thank you for pointing out the debate on Mr. Murdoch, however I think a better example to use of gunplay would be that of Mr. Lightoller using his weapon to stop a mob from overrunning one of the boats in his charge. I say this only because the "suicide" of Mr. Murdoch still cannot be definitively proven. We do however, know about Lightoller pulling the trigger.
I emphatically agree with you in your statement of firearms regulations in 1912. I also agree with your deduction that passengers other than Mr. Navratil were probably carrying guns. What I cannot agree with however, is that anyone used their weapon in a criminal or negligent manner as the ship slid beneath the water. Again I must say, that HAD someone fired a gun (other than the officers on the boat deck) SOMEONE would have noticed and here 90 years later we would most definately know about it. Now I am not claiming to have been there and will of course entertain the idea that it may have happened. I PERSONALLY just dont think it did. Have a great day!
Ryan

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Unfortunately, we can never know for certain that anyone used a firearm in a criminal/negligent manner, or even in legitamate self defence. Remember that most of the people who were trapped on the ship died when she went down. Any witnesses to same in those final moments would have taken their stories with them to Davy Jones Locker, and few people in the lifeboats would have been in any position to know.

Having said that much, you might want to check out the news stories of the day. Quite a few stories of gunplay were circulating then. Are most of them fanciful? Even fabricated?

Yes.

Might there be a kernal of truth mixed in with all of that?

Possibly.

It can't be dismissed out of hand.

Karen Christl

May 3, 2012
mistakes in jc's romp through the beloved titanic? when rose,cal etc first board the titanic, they are shown to suites b52,54,56!!!ismay's rooms? must have been cosy!!after sinking flares waved around by lowe (not boxall) i could go on & on (but not my heart lol!!) but as far as i can see all the moive did was make alot of money & stir interest about the titanic so it can't be all bad !! cheers & merry xmas to all
happy.gif
kaz
happy.gif

Ben Holme

Feb 11, 2001
Hi Karen,

Are you referring to the green flares waved from the lifeboat? If so, the person depicted in the film *was* Boxhall as the actor used was certainly not Ioan Gruffudd.

Best Regards,
Ben

Dec 4, 2000
Pardon my saying so, but the biggest blooper of all is not enjoying Cameron's film for what it is--an entertainment set on a large ship that for purposes of the plot sinks. He called the movie "Titanic" to give it an historical context, but Cameron did not re-create the ship. It was all a fiction for the purpose of entertainment. As Shakespeare might say, "Ease up. Willingly suspend your disbelief and enjoy."

--David G. Brown

Nov 9, 2002
Hey,
To those of you talking about daylight coming through the windows, From what I read thats wrong. I forgot where but I read (I believe on this site) thats the reception room landing had lights built in the windows. I always was like how could they make a mistake like that but now I believe about the lights.

Sahand

A

Alex McLean

I do believe it was indeed Lowe who had the flares in the movie (though not in real life). It looks like him, and Rose can be seen with a green reflection on her face and looks up to see the officer with the flares. Boat 14 (which held Rose) was still amoung the debris when Boxhall lit his last flare, meaning he was a fair way away (the closest to the Carpathia).

Although we all know the fourth officer had the flares, not Lowe, though in the movie, for dramatic purposes (Rose seeing the flares as they drift towards the Carpathia).

Also, has anyone seen what Lowe lips (or yells, though we can't hear it over the score. I think he yells the words 'Row to the ship and we will be safe!' or something...
Eh, maybe this will start a new conversation subject, once again taking us well of course with the posts.

Karen Christl

May 3, 2012
hiya alex!! yeah i was sure it was lowe shown waving green flares around but i do understand "dramatic linesnce",as for what he is yelling, i agree it could be something like "ship ahead!row,row,row for your lives!!", either way as i say at least the movie sparked interest in the ship & made me a hit a dinner parties!!! lol best wishes to all, happy holidays, seasons greetings, etc etc
happy.gif
kaz
happy.gif
( of really warm qld australia)