Titanic blue prints on blue paper

Sep 1, 2004
Could I get somewhere blue prints of Titanic? I have seen it in Cameron's "Ghost of the Abbys" and I was interested if I can get it.

Thank you
Regards Vitezslav

Tom Bates

Aug 16, 2002
Hi I don't think any of the titanic original blueprints from H&W ( though i prefer to call them engineering drawings because some times they were not blue) survive the best i think you can do is the plans from shipbuilder and engineering if you do not have i would gladly send to you but contact me off board at my email [email protected] and state what plans you what i have deck plans , machinery plans , piping plans etc let me know what plans you do what and i would send to you by email.Thanks Tom

George Heiss

Aug 1, 2005
NY
Hi Tom...I was interested in finding a nice large and detailed version of Titanic's deck plans. I have a really good computer version, but I would rather have the plans hanging on my wall and I can refer to just about any part of the ship just by pointing. I noticed that the original H&W plans published in books were small, not clear, and hard to read. However, since there have been enthusiasts that have redrawn and clarified the plans. You know of anything that may help?

Geo

Sep 1, 2004
George, you can buy Bruce Beveridge's "Titanic General arrangement plans". I think it's available on THS site. That's really wonderfull and very detailed work. Could you send me the plans you have on computer? I would be ver glad for it. My e-mail is [email protected]

Thank you very much
Regards Vitezslav

George Heiss

Aug 1, 2005
NY
Hello Vitezslav,

Thank you for the information. I have been actually working off of two sets of plans. One is actually a part of James Cameron's Titanic Explorer CD-Rom. So trying to extract the plans from that is probably impossible. The other set of plans I found on the Discovery Channel site. Here is da link:

http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/titanic/explorer/explorer.html

I believe James Cameron also made this for Discovery. This one is even better than the on on the Explorer CD. The detailing is incredible. You can also zoom in and out on the details. So you can zoom into each stateroom and view each room in detail. I have been trying to find a link to find out of these plans are downloadable or if they can be purchased. But on the same token I would rather have a wall version of this big enough that I can refer to any place on the Titanic just by looking and pointing. Much faster than the computer. But hopefully I can still get in touch with the Discovery Channel as this is a great program on their site and I would like a copy of it.

Hope that helps.

Geo

Sep 1, 2004
Oh my GOd! Thank you! I think that's the same as in Ghost of the Abbys! I wanted these plans! Thank you very much! Did you downloaded it or is it impossible? It looks like Beveridge's plans - i think they're same. I must have these!!

George Heiss

Aug 1, 2005
NY
Hello Vitezslav,

Glad to be of assistance. Yes, they are great plans and I would like to have a permanent copy for myself as well. I don't think that it can be downloaded. But you are correct, they are Bruce Beveridge's plans. It says so on the bottom. I took another look at it. I thought at first Cameron made them (oops). Hmmmm, I wonder if it is possible to contact Beveridge. He may have it on a program disc or file that you can purchase. I am pretty sure there are many that would like these plans. So far it is best computer rendered plan. The one I have on James Cameron's Titanic Explorer is similar, but it is not as detailed and you cannot zoom in as far. The thing I fear is that once Discovery restructures the site for new upcoming programs this plan will be history
sad.gif

Geo

Sep 1, 2004
I think it's possible. I have his address from a box in which I received the plans and I think he also visit ET, I think I saw his name hear somewhere. I thik the only one way is to copy pics of the plans to "paint" and then put them together.

George Heiss

Aug 1, 2005
NY
Beat ya to it
happy.gif
. Found his website and wrote him a letter. Moreover...he has a wall hanging version of the plans and it is in the SAME detailing. So I am gonna order it. Hopefully he will get back to me soon and verify if indeed the program is purchaseable.

Geo

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
You can order the TRMA (Bruce Beveridge) deck plans here:

http://titanic-model.com/ga-plans/

Not cheap, but well worth the investment. What you get is a single very large sheet as shown on the link above - printed in black on white paper - not in the 'blueprint' style as used on the Discovery website.

George Heiss

Aug 1, 2005
NY
Hello guys.

I talked to Bruce Beveridge this morning (via em). What he told me is that the deck plan program on Discovery channel is actually his drawing and Discovery just made it blue and white to look like a 'blueprint'. Now as for the program itself, Bruce didn't say that he created it. I returned the EM asking specifically. But more then likely it was Discovery that made the program using Bruce's drawing. Again...we will see.

Thank you for the references to Bruce's site,he gave that information to me already. Yes, the price is up there, but it is a very large print AND it is probably the most accurate representation of the decks on the Titanic out there. So as Bob pointed out, "well worth the investment".

Geo

Geo

Bob Read

Mar 3, 2002
Guys:
I'll let Bruce speak for himself but I am a friend of his. Bruce drew the GA plans he has for sale using quite a number of original Harland and Wolff sources (most of which are no longer available to the general public). They are indeed the most accurate general arrangement plans available since Bruce's goal was to correct earlier plans and show Titanic's actual arrangement "as built" rather than "as designed".
I doubt that his plans will be offered on CD because if they were, it would invite copyright infringement. The only way I could see them offered on CD is if they could not be copied or printed from the CD. All of this is up to Bruce but you don't have to wait. You can buy a hard copy set right now.

Regards,
Bob Read

Steve Olguin

Mar 31, 2005
After seeing these on Discovery.com, I think I am going to have to break down and buy them.
happy.gif

I am going to have to build a library room in my house to store all of my Titanic stuff when it's said and done with. lol

M

Matt Pereira

I noticed on the tanktop blue prints on this site that the watertight doors dont line up. didnt they say in Ghost of the abyss there was a dialog "as you can see all the watertight doors line up like so" is that true?

Dec 6, 2000
Matt,

Not having seen Ghosts of the Abyss I cannot comment; but deck plans indicate that the WTDs between the boiler rooms were in a line as also with the WTD between the Reciprocating Engine Room and Boiler Room No 1, but those forward of Boiler Room No 6 and aft of the Reciprocating Engine Room were not.

S

Samuel Pozidis

I have just recently received Bruce's 1:350 GA plans.I took them to Xerox and made several copies for myself so I could work from them and keep the originals intact.

I had Xerox laminate the GA plan with a plastic clear coat so i could preserve it. Some day I'll get it framed and put it up on my wall
happy.gif

These are excellent plans, the detail is excellent. I have found 1 or 2 mistakes but nothing major.