Titanic boarding pass/ticket

Dec 4, 2000
Those alleged boarding passes are really a gimmick, but one that works. My experiences have been watching most people wander through the Titanic exhibits looking for touchpoints with the Cameron movie. A large percentage of people don't get that this was a real disaster until the very end when they check their boarding pass against the lost and saved list. That's when reality hits home, especially when groups of tourists are split into the living and dead in an instant. No, those passes aren't even close to reality...but what they achieve is very real. They force people to understand what took place was not a group of actors on a set. It was real life and death. For that, I applaud the person who invented the concept.

-- David G. Brown

TitanicNerd

Jan 18, 2014
Agreed, David! Yeah, it's annoying when I go to exhibit to learn about Titanic, and then fans of the movie start pretending to "fly" and don't give a darn about the real tragedy. Annoys me, because they can be very obnoxious while I am trying to learn history.

Mar 18, 2008
Germany
As others seemed to think it looks like the real one, "Oh my.. As if I were carried 102 years back!" by fanofvgandtitanic I though to point out that is is nothing close to the real one.