Titanic Calendar

T

Trent Pheifer

I have always been interested in what happened today in history. Last April I decided to make a Titanic Calender, so I would know. It's been a long treck, and I am still not done ( I have to go through 2nd and 3rd class passengers and crew) Ahhh! Well I have been anxious to show it to you all, and to get corrections or new information about dates from you. So I hope to be able to post what went on today everday starting today.

145 years ago today in 1856, First-Class Passenger Mr Harry Markland Molson was born in Montreal Click Here for his biography.

That is all I have for today, i still have about 60 days with nothing in them. Thanks for taking the time to look at it, and if anyone has any comments about the idea please do tell, thanks again.

-Trent

T

Trent Pheifer

Thanks Shelley!!

Today in Titanic history,

138 years ago in 1863, First-Class Passenger Mrs Arthur Larned Ryerson (Emily Maria Borie) was born in Haverford, Pennsylvania. Her Biography.

117 years ago in 1884, First-Class Passenger Miss Berthe Leroy was born in Compiegne, France. Her Biography.

T

Trent Pheifer

Today in Titanic History,

141 years ago in 1860, First-Class Passenger Mr Charles Duane Williams was born in Radnor, Pennsylvania. His Biography.

36 years ago in 1965, First-Class Passenger Miss Gretchen Fiske Longley passed away. Take a moment to remember her and to read her biography.

-Trent

T

Trent Pheifer

I had nothing for yesterday.

39 Years ago in 1962, First-Class Passenger Miss Victorine Chaudanson, maid to Mrs Ryerson, passed away. Take a moment to remember her and read her biography.

112 years ago in 1889, First-Class Passenger Miss Hedwig Margaritha Frölicher was born in Zürich, Switzerland. Her Biography

-Trent

Aug 29, 2000
Hi Trent- Maidie Frolicher's family lived in nearby Darien Connecticut- I used to correspond with her son, Robert Swartzenbach- I should check to see if they still live there. Keep up the good work!

Tracy Smith

Nov 5, 2000
South Carolina USA
On August 13, 1912, Captain Stanley Lord was obliged to formally resign from the Leyland Line
sad.gif

T

Trent Pheifer

Thank you Shelley, Tracy, and Beverley!

114 years ago in 1887, First-Class Passenger Mr Lucian Philip Smith was born. His Biography

-Trent

T

Trent Pheifer

127 years ago in 1874, First-Class Passenger Alexander Taylor Compton, Jr was born. His Biography.

120 years ago in 1881, First-Class Passenger Philipp Edmund Mock was born in New York City. His Biography.

S

sherry otoole

Dear Trent

What a facinating idea. I think it's great. I look forward to reading the interesting facts. Some of them I didn't know.

Joshua Gulch

Mar 31, 2001
Also on 16 August:

47 years ago in 1954, writer-director James Francis Cameron was born in Kapuskasing, Ontario, Canada.

P.S. Great job on the calendar thus far, Trent! Brilliant idea!

Josh.

Joshua Gulch

Mar 31, 2001
And on 17 August:

20 long years ago in 1981, lil ole me was born in Toledo, Ohioland.

To quote the stoker in ANTR:
"It's my birthday today as well!"

Josh.

T

Trent Pheifer

Happy Birthday Josh, it's my mom's birthday too!

I do not have any Titanic History for August 17, 18, or 19. I have been looking but can't find anything.

-Trent

T

Trent Pheifer

90 years ago in 1911, Titanic's steel foremast was placed in position.

100 years ago in 1901, Third-Class Passenger Master James William van Billiard was born. His Biography.

-Trent

Jul 22, 2001
kent uk
Hello Trent. Also today in 1897 William Ford was born, second son of Margaret ann ford. He died aged 14 along with his Mother, Brother and Two of his sisters in the sinking. EMMA.