Titanic Calendar

T

Trent Pheifer

Today in Titanic History:December 4th

115 years ago in 1888, Titanic Lookout: Mr Archibald Jewell was born.

91 years ago in 1912, First-Class Passenger Colonel Archibald Gracie passed away. Take a moment to remember him.

90 years ago in 1913, First-Class Passenger Miss Kornelia Theodosia Andrews passed away. Take a moment to remember her.

73 years ago in 1930, First-Class Passenger Mrs Alexander Taylor Compton (Mary Eliza Ingersoll) passed away. Take a moment to remember her.

23 years ago in 1980, Third-Class Passenger Mr Olaus Jí¸rgensen Abelseth passed away. Take a moment to remember him.

16 years ago in 1987, Second-Class Passenger Master Sibley George Richards passed away. Take a moment to remember him.

-Trent

T

Trent Pheifer

Today in Titanic History:December 5th

93 years ago in 1910, A small crane collapsed from gantry overhead Olympic and Titanic, no one was injured.

121 years ago in 1882, Third-Class Passenger Mr Bengt Edvin Larsson was born.

73 years ago in 1930, Titanic's Assistant Butcher: Mr Christopher Mills passed away. Take a moment to remember him.

36 years ago in 1967, Second-Class Passenger Miss Bertha Lehmann passed away. Take a moment to remember her.

-Trent

T

Trent Pheifer

Today in Titanic History:December 6th

91 years ago in 1912, New York Century Theater held a benefit concert in memory of the Titanic disaster.

140 years ago in 1863, First-Class Passenger Mrs William Thompson Graham (Edith Ware Junkins) was born.

129 years ago in 1874, First-Class Passenger Mr Jonkheer Johan George Reuchlin was born.

116 years ago in 1887, First-Class Passenger Miss Margaret Bechstein Hays was born.

115 years ago in 1888, Second-Class Passenger Miss Alice Herman was born.

115 years ago in 1888, Second-Class Passenger Miss Kate Herman was born.

-Trent

T

Trent Pheifer

Today in Titanic History:December 7th

155 years ago in 1848, Third-Class Passenger Miss Marion Meanwell was born.

114 years ago in 1889, Third-Class Passenger Miss Hilda Maria Hellström was born.

74 years ago in 1929, First-Class Passenger Mr Arthur Godfrey Peuchen passed away. Take a moment to remember him.

69 years ago in 1934, Second-Class Passenger Miss Ethel Garside passed away. Take a moment to remember her.

60 years ago in 1943, First-Class Passenger Mr Frederic Kimber Seward passed away. Take a moment to remember him.

42 years ago in 1961, Titanic’s Third Officer Mr Herbert John Pitman passed away. Take a moment to remember him.

-Trent

T

Trent Pheifer

Today in Titanic History:December 8th

116 years ago in 1887, Third-Class Passenger Mr Joseph Peduzzi was born.

106 years ago in 1897, Third-Class Passenger Master Jaako Arnold Panula was born.

51 years ago in 1952, Titanic’s Second Officer Mr Charles Herbert Lightoller passed away. Take a moment to remember him.

-Trent

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Trent,

"74 years ago in 1929, First-Class Passenger Mr Arthur Godfrey Peuchen passed away."

Thank you for mentioning this. Yesterday, I visited his grave and placed a wreath on it.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

Mark Baber

Jul 4, 2000
Saturday in Titanic History:November 29th

92 years ago in 1911, Olympic returns to passenger service for the first time since her collision with the HMS Hawke.

I know a few days have passed, but it took me a while to find the newspaper clippings to back up what I'm about to write.

You're one day off here, Trent. Olympic's departure was scheduled for noon on 29 November, but she never actually left Southampton that day because of fog. She actually sailed on the morning of the 30th. Source: The New York Times, 30 November and 1 December 1911.

T

Trent Pheifer

Hey Jason,

It's great that you remembered him. Do you live fairly close to where he is buried? Where exactly is he buried?

Hey Mark,

Thanks for catching that! I will have to change it on the calendar. I have a quick question, if I were to get the Olympic dates that I have together, could you maybe do a quick check over them? It is the place where I get the most conflicting dates! Thanks again.

-Trent

Delia Mahoney

Oct 10, 2003
Hello, Trent
Minor correction:
"Today in Titanic History:December 7th

155 years ago in 1848, Third-Class Passenger Miss Marion Meanwell was born."

Marion was widowed, so should be: Mrs Marion Meanwell. Do you know was her name Marion or Marian?

All the best,

Delia
happy.gif

Mark Baber

Jul 4, 2000
if I were to get the Olympic dates that I have together, could you maybe do a quick check over them?

Sure. It would be my pleasure.

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hey Trent,

Thanks, we have five survivors here in Toronto and I've decided that I'm going to remember each of them by placing a wreath or a flower on their grave, on the anniversary of their passing.

I live about twenty minutes away from where Arthur Peuchen is buried, so it's easy to get to. He is buried in Mount Pleasant Cemetery in Section "V", Plot 59. Have you seen a picture of his grave? If not, I'd be happy to send it to you.

Mary Fortune and Ethel Fortune are also in the same cemetery.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

T

Trent Pheifer

Hey Delia,

Thanks for catching that. It was funny, as I was posting it, I thought she had to have been married, but I did not double check lol. As for her name, that was another mistake of mine..it is Marian.

Mark,

I will try to get those together once exams are over, thank you so much for the help!

Jason,

I have not seen his grave, I would love to see a picture! my email is [email protected], Thanks!

-Trent

John Clifford

Mar 30, 1997
Hi Jason.

Don't forget to, also, include the pictures of the visits to the other Maritime sinkings that deeply affected Toronto: 121 residents lost on the Empress of Ireland, and the victims of the Noronic tragedy, which occured at the Toronto Docks, in the vicinity of, I believe, the end of Yonge Street.

Trent: when you're in Toronto, Jason is a great tour guide, and host!!!
grin.gif

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Trent,

I'll send you the photo this evening, when I get home. You're very welcome, it's my pleasure.

Hi John,

You're right, those disasters can't be forgotten.

Thank you for the kind words.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

T

Trent Pheifer

Sorry this is late, exams kept me busy!

Yesterday in Titanic History: December 9th

128 years ago in 1875, Second-Class Passenger Miss Ellen Wallcraoft was born.

116 years ago in 1887, Waiter - í  la carte restaurant: Sig. Ugo Bamfi was born.

112 years ago in 1891, Third-Class Passenger Mr Denis Lennon was born.

54 years ago in 1949, Saloon Steward: Mr William Edwy Ryerson passed away. Take a moment to remember him.

47 years ago in 1956, Titanic's Chief Baker: Mr Charles John Joughin passed away. Take a moment to remember him.

20 years ago in 1983, First-Class Passenger Mrs John Pillsbury Snyder (Nelle Stevenson) passed away. Take a moment to remember her.

12 years ago in 1991, Third-Class Passenger Master Georges Youssef Touma passed away. Take a moment to remember him
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today in Titanic History:December 10th

167 years ago in 1856, First-Class Passenger Mrs Mrs Robert Clifford Cornell (Malvina Helen Lamson) was born.

124 years ago in 1879, Titanic Boots Steward: Mr Joseph Charles Chapman was born.

123 years ago in 1880, Third-Class Passenger Mrs Julius Vanderplancke (Emelia Maria Vandemoortele) was born.

121 years ago in 1882, Titanic Greaser: Mr Thomas G. Ranger was born.

-Trent

PS John and Jason, got your emails,thanks, I will email you back when I get the chance!

T

Trent Pheifer

Today in Titanic History:December 11th

118 years ago in 1885, Third-Class Passenger Mr Johan Samuel Andersson was born.

111 years ago in 1892, Third-Class Passenger Mr Thomas Joseph McCormack was born.

93 years ago in 1910, Third-Class Passenger Miss Gertrud Emilia Klasén was born.

65 years ago in 1958, Third-Class Passenger Mr Luigi Finoli passed away. Take a moment to remember him.

27 years ago in 1976, Third-Class Passenger Mrs Joseph Abraham (Mary Sophie Halaut Easu) passed away. Take a moment to remember her.

-Trent

T

Trent Pheifer

Today in Titanic History:December 12th

94 years ago in 1909, Titanic's stern frame arrived at Harland and Wolff. (Source: Eaton and Haas, Titanic A Journey Through Time.)

145 years ago in 1858, First-Class Passenger Mrs Edward Dale Appleton (Charlotte Lamson) was born.

141 years ago in 1862, Managing Director of the White Star Line, Mr Joseph Bruce Ismay was born.

138 years ago in 1865, First-Class Passenger Mr Martin Rothschild was born.

133 years ago in 1870, Third-Class Passenger Mr Iisakki Antino í„ijö Nirva was born.

122 years ago in 1881, Greaser: Mr George Prangnell was born.

105 years ago in 1898, Third-Class Passenger Master Filip Oscar Asplund was born.

-Trent

Mark Baber

Jul 4, 2000
12 December 1915: Britannic II arrives at Liverpool from Belfast, and is formally commissioned as a hospital ship. (Sources: Mills' HMHS Britannic: The Last Titan; Anderson's White Star.)

T

Trent Pheifer

Hey Mark!

Thanks for the addition!

Today in Titanic History:December 13th

120 years ago in 1883, First-Class Passenger Mr William Thompson Sloper was born.

40 years ago in 1963, Chief Second Class Pantry Steward: Mr Wilfred Deable Seward passed away. Take a moment to remember him.

-Trent

T

Trent Pheifer

Today in Titanic History:December 14th

115 years ago in 1888, Assistant Sculleryman - í  la carte restaurant: Sig. Fioravante Giuseppe Bertoldo was born.

129 years ago in 1874, Titanic Fireman: Mr Henry Dennis Witt was born.

-Trent