Titanic cameos

Thomas Krom

Thomas Krom

View attachment 79015this man according to my opinion looks like henry blank View attachment 79016

Another possibility could be John Bertram Brady (1870-1912).

Reactions: Michael Hinz
T

Titanic fan

TITANIC fan
Well John Hugo Ross was sick on the ship so he didn't came out of his cabin much so it's hard to believe that the cameo depicts Mr Ross but the Thomson beattie can be correct but he was near collapsible boat A...

Reactions: Thomas Krom
Michael Hinz

Michael Hinz

Can their be any cameo of Mr Philip Mock and Emma Schabert?

I have found a man who bears a resemblance to Mr Mock, although I have my doubts that he is really meant to represent the historical person Philipp Mock.

• First of all, I think I've only seen this man in the sinking in a few exterior scenes so far. This could indicate that this extra was only hired for the sinking scenes and was not assigned any historical personality.
  • Also, the real Mr Mock was never near boat 14, as he left the ship in boat 11, which he boarded from A Deck.
  • Besides, his sister would have to be with him. The man in this scene appears to have either brought a woman into one of the aft port boats or was traveling alone.

Michael Hinz

Michael Hinz

Well John Hugo Ross was sick on the ship so he didn't came out of his cabin much so it's hard to believe that the cameo depicts Mr Ross but the Thomson beattie can be correct but he was near collapsible boat A...
By the way, the extra is actually seen near boat B.

1645100859727.png

Last edited:
T

Titanic fan

TITANIC fan
Okay, the man really looks like Philip mock but it doesn't seem like he was made to depict him

T

Titanic fan

TITANIC fan
By the way, the extra is actually seen near boat B
Then I think it's some first class passenger who was near boat B but couldn't actually get in it and died?.. it's not Thomas Beattie cuz he jumped on collapsible A from crew's quarters and John hugo ross presumably died on his bed (according to ET)

Thomas Krom

Thomas Krom

John hugo ross presumably died on his bed (according to ET)
I personally highly doubt that he died in his bed. Mr. Beattie and Mr. McCaffry moved from C-6 to two staterooms on A-deck to be nearer to their good friend, as well that the three gentlemen were known to be inseparable. Although not a fact I personally believe they would have left him to his fate when the situation became more dire.

Michael Hinz

Michael Hinz

I agree with Thomas that Hugo Ross did not die in his bed. His two friends (whose bodies were recovered) certainly been able to convince him to come up on the boat deck, unless he was woken up by stewards.

Michael Hinz

Michael Hinz

it's not Thomas Beattie cuz he jumped on collapsible A from crew's quarters
As far as I know there is no account that mentions Beattie and McCaffry jumping on the boat deck from the officers quarters. I suppose it has been assumed that the two gentlemen were in the vicinity of boat A because Beattie made it into the boat, but they may have been somewhere else when the ship made the final plunge.

Michael Hinz

Michael Hinz

Maybe you can help me with the identity of this gentleman. He boarded Titanic at Cherbourg and apparently he traveled alone. Later he leads an older lady to dinner. He is last seen near boat A.

Michael Hinz

Michael Hinz

Albert Ankeny Stewart (1848-1912) perhaps? I can't find anyone who looks like this extra if one looks at photographs of all the 122 victims in first class.
Actually, I thought this gentleman could be Albert Ankeny Stewart.

Thomas Krom

Thomas Krom

Actually, I thought this gentleman could be Albert Ankeny Stewart.
View attachment 79041
Considering the real Mr. Stewart boarded the Titanic in Cherbourg and not Southampton as shown on the most left screenshot I wouldn't be certain about him being Mr. Stewart, but then of-course we have certain extra's playing more than one role.
But this extra could also be Harry Markland Molson.

View attachment 79043
That could be possible considering Mr. Molson boarded in Southampton, just as the majority of the Canadian first class passengers.

Reactions: Jason D. Tiller and Michael Hinz