Titanic Canada

• Thread starter Margarite O'Hara
  • Start date
M

Margarite O'Hara

I saw this film on a trip to Canada a few weeks ago. It has sparked my interest. My daughter ordered it for me off of Amazon or WalMart, not really sure. I'm sure everyone here already has heard of it, but I didn't see it listed.
Margie

M

Margarite O'Hara

Hello Jason,

I cannot believe this website, I am in awe of how much knowledge you all have. As for your question, the film was about the Nova Scotian connection to the disaster, and what is there today. I wish I had been on my own and not on a bus tour at the time, since the film covered a lot of places that we did not go to, and I would have very much liked to have seen. I should have a copy of it soon and hope to map out a private trip next year. The country is so beautiful and peaceful, and so filled with history.

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Margie,

It sounds like an interesting film, I'll have to see if I can obtain a copy.

I was in Halifax six years ago for a Titanic convention and loved it. I agree, Nova Scotia is rich with maritime history. One of the days I am planning to return there.

Thanks for the info.

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hello Jeremy,

As Margie said in her post, it talks about the connection that Nova Scotia has with Titanic. The Empress of Ireland does have not any connections with Nova Scotia, as far as I know.

M

Margarite O'Hara

It is definitely all about the Titanic. It arrived today from Amazon. They did mention two other ships, the Sampson and Atlantic, but only briefly.

M

Margarite O'Hara

Hello Jason,
There are actually two films on the DVD. The main one is about 45 minutes. There is another film on there that shows all the graves in Halifax, that one is about 20 minutes or so. The first one is the film I saw in Canada, parts of it still bring me to tears.