Titanic coal on sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richard Coplen

Hey all,
I recently went to see a Titanic exhibition in Manchester, England and was struck by the amount of coal samples on sale from the Titanic wreck. I ended up purchasing two boxes - has been a dream of mine to own a little piece of Titanic, no matter how insignificant, for a very long time. Nonetheless i'm kinda confused. What worries me is the fact that 2 tonnes of Titanic's coal has been on sale for the past 10 years or so. Surely demand for this would have seen this limited stock sapped-up in no time - no matter how small the pieces of coal were. Can anyone allay my concerns. Was I sold a dud bit of coal? Was it genuinely off the Titanic wreck? Or just form a local Lancashire coal-mine? Appreciate any ideas or info guys.
Cheers,
Rich.

Scott Newman

Jun 16, 2004
I also bought some coal at the Salt Lake exhibit. There appeared to be a relatively limitless supply on hand. Who knows...

Dave Gittins

Mar 16, 2000
There's still a bit of Titanic coal available here Down Under. It consists of very small pieces contained in little cages and hung on chains to make necklaces. It's been lying around since the hype surrounding Cameron's flick died down.

Status
Not open for further replies.