Titanic coal

• Thread starter Jamie Michael Angus
  • Start date

T

Timothy Trower

That gentleman is Kevin Saucier, and he has a good pedigree! In fact, he is a member of the ET message board, and checked in as recently as today.

K

Kevin Saucier

A gentleman...that's the rumor! You failed to mention boyish good looks.

William, good to see you are doing your homework. I wold do the same. A small piece of wreckwood will be waiting for you.

Nope sorry, not the ball player from the 80's. Although I do collect his cards!

Tim - did you get the response to your email? It was "way" over my head, so not wanting to look too stupid, I forwarded it to a friend. btw...the engraving plate would be the mother load. I wish it was that. Many thanks!

T

Timothy Trower

Kevin,

Yes, I did get an email about the negative, and am going to do some checking on the early use of ruby lith tape. I agree with you ... the plate itself would indeed be the prize above all others.

Jan 28, 2007
Well I have attempted to purchase two Titanic items in the past week, got the coal on the way and have bid on Kevin's wood piece. I am hoping that this Titanic relic fever will subside before I end up with a whole shelf of it like I now have of Berlin Wall fragments
happy.gif

P

Pedge Jameson

rmstgifts.com, there the "official" site for RMS Titanic Inc. and I guess the coal. I take it I won't have any problem wondering if it's for real correct?
;)

P

Pedge Jameson

See, I just posted something to the effect about the official RMS Site selling coal.
It has to be real if it's from the official site I'm supposing.

Here's the one question I have.

If the folks on ebay are selling fake ones, why spend all the money on the...

1. Fake Coal..(OK you can find this anywhere.)
2. Plastic casing exactly matching the ones RMS INC Sells. (Umm??)
3. Fancy Box and sleeve exactly matching. (Prolly costs 10 bucks or so.)
4. Cotton wad (Yeah I know, find it anywhere.)

After that, why would somebody fake it? It would cost the same thing if not more to do it out of your house.
Unless they just have a sick sense of humor.
Thoughts folks?

Eric Longo

Aug 13, 2004
Hi Pedge,
you left out one of the most popular items online today - the fake LOA or Cert. of Authenticity. Then again, most sellers of fakes do not stand behind any of their own claims or they have a no-return-policy already in place.

Best,
Eric Longo

[Moderator's note: This post and the two above it, were posted in separate threads, but have been moved to the already pre-existing one on the same subject. JDT]

Hitch

Jan 6, 2006
Douse anyone know if the Titanic coal is still being sold trough the RMS TITANIC, INC site? Is searched on their website but didn't find any information about it.

I don't want to buy a piece from Ebay, my scared I might end up with a fake if I buy from Ebay.

Thanks!
Carl

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Is searched on their website but didn't find any information about it.<<

If it's no longer there, the smart money is that for whatever reason, they are no longer offering it. The stocks may be gone or they may be holding onto then against the time when the market demand will bring a higher price.

Eric Longo

Aug 13, 2004
"...they may be holding onto then against the time when the market demand will bring a higher price."

Hmm. 2012?

Eric

U

Unregistered

94/0036

Dear members, I'm not much of a Titanic buff, but being interested in history as such and seeing that pieces of coal aren't that expensive, I though I might get one.

One fact makes me wonder though:

On ALL the pics one can see on either ebay or even the "official" Titanic Shop webpage is the same Lot-No.: Object No. 94/0036 I've seen that over many years (about 10) now, on objects of many different forms (necklace, keepsake etc) so I doubt it is a set of pic being re-used all the time.

Can it really be, that since about 10 years all those items come from the same lot?

I do hope there's still someone out there, as this thread has been quiet for so long.

Thank you very much

Christian

Rusty_S

Banned
Mar 28, 2012
I purchased back in 2012 a Centennial edition necklace off ebay along with a Titanic Coal coin.

The necklace is still in its sealed package and the certificate of authenticity bores the RMS Titanic Inc Corporate seal from Flordia. Like wise certificate states it was recovered during the 2000 Research and Recovery expedition, it weighs 2948.35 grams and the origin is South Wales Coal fields Six Bells Mine. Even has the signature of Arnie Geller and certificate number.

The coin how ever has a certification as well its in a "Highland Mint" box the certificate states registration number 03995/25,000. The interesting part is the inside of the folded certificate its the same as the necklace even down to the certificate number. So it could be fake but I highly doubt it considering the money I paid for it would have resulted in the seller losing money to fake this.