Titanic connectionrelatives

M

Mikael Jonsson

Hi.

2001 when I was in my last year in High School I wrote an essay about Titanic. On the first day on the project I learned how easy it is to find people who are related to Titanic. When I told the class that I was going to write about Titanic 2 people in the class immediately wanted to speak with me.

My classmate told me about his grandfather who had been working with the construction of Titanic at Harland & Wollf in Belfast. My teacher told me the story about her husband's father who was supposed to travel with Titanic 1912 from USA to Sweden, but had to change to Olympic when Titanic sank. He is still alive and I recevied a mail from his as late as last month

Now I am interested to hear all you Titanicpeople' s stories about who you are related to or who you have met from Titanic or anything related to Titanic.

Please share your stories. I am so interested in this.

thanks!

/mike. 20 years old an already a titanicfreak
happy.gif

27748.jpg

H

Helen Chetham

Hello Mike welcome to the wonderful world of Titanica. I am Helen Chetham. My Great Great Grandfather was Col John Weir a first class passanger who perished with the sinking. There is a thread on him under archiving on this thread. Good luck.

Kind Regards
Helen

M

Matthew O'Brien

hey mike,

i'm a distantly related to third class passenger Thomas O'Brien who perished in the sinking, and so through marriage to his wife, Hannah, who survived. My Great Grandfather William O'Brien was the first cousin of Thomas O'Brien. Hannah stood as Godmother to my Grandfather, Joseph, when he was born in 1917.

Best wishes,

Matt

K

Karin Kasper

Hi...Pantryman James Walpole has the same last name as me ( before I got married), but I haven't been able to figure out if we're related at all. I highly doubt it, as my family has been in America for at least 150 years, but there's always a possibility.

F

Fredna Natasha Behrens Clark

does anyone know of any passengers or crew memebers with the last name Behrens, Phillips, Peoples,Tanner

Neil McRae

Apr 16, 2001
My grandmother once knew a lady whose fiancee was lost on the Titanic. I don't beleive the lady herself was on the Titanic. Unfortunately I never caught the lady's name. She would have to have been much older than my grandmother (who wouldn't be born for another six years) and is probably deceased.

C

Carrie Ann McMillan-Tarleton

I have often wondered if I was related to Mrs. Edward Scott Robert. Her name being Elizabeth Walton McMillan.She was born in Pennsylvania,but died in St.Louis Missouri. I live in Illinois a few hrs drive from St Louis. Wouldn't that be neat.

May 8, 2001
Carrie. Welcome to the board. I would like to encourage you to persue your possible connection, if time allows. I most recently spent 3 wonderful days chasing after a slight possibility that my husband was related to the Straus family. Wouldn't connect, but it was a real brain stimulation.
Good luck and I hope you share your findings.

A

Amy Barton

Hey, I might be related to the Mr. David John Barton, a third-class passenger on the titanic. I have not been able to trace my family back that far but, there's always a chance!!

Marty Comes

May 20, 2004
Hi!
I have a friend who is related to Wallace Hartley.
His mother's maiden name was Hartley, and is a distant cousin to him. Her family lived in the same area in England as the Hartley family.

D

Dennis Foley

Hi Mikael: Thirty years ago I lived in NJ and my brother's nextdoor neighbor (in Roselle, NJ) was a Miss Jeffreys whose two brothers and friend Herbert Denbury (all traveled 2nd class) were lost on Titanic. She was to have been on Titanic as well but her father would not allow her to sail to US (she was engaged and was going to NJ to marry her fiancee; her father said that if the guy wanted to marry her, he should go to England and get her!!) Therefore, she did not sail and, apparently, never married! Also, over the years I have met Titanic survivors Washington Dodge, Jr., Winnie (Trout) MacKenzie, Madeline (Mellinger) Mann, Ruth (Becker) Blanchard, Eva Hart, Bertha (Watt) Marshall, George Thomas, Frank Goldsmith, Margaret (Devaney) O'Neil at THS conventions and the elusive Thomas McCormack who lived in a neighboring city in NJ. Also, I have letters from Mrs. Snyder, steward Frederick Ray, and a few others. I consider myself very, very privileged to have met and corresponded with these wonderful people! Thought you might be interested. Regards, Dennis (tophatter@bellsouth.net)

mary mason

Aug 24, 2003
Hi Mikael,
i was told that i was related to Bess Allison (Daniels) but i had never been able to find the connection.
i have recently found that i am related to her through her grandmother, Helen Gillmore.

Nov 15, 2004
Everyone has such interesting stories! I found out recently that my Great Uncle was Michael McEvoy who perished on the Titanic at 19 years old...he was rather scandalously traveling with a 34 yo. woman he was involved with...Norah Murphy who survived the trip! There is a family rumor that she bore his child...I am trying to follow up on that or atleast get more information !

Kiki Woods

Nov 19, 2004
well, hi, this is my 2nd post, so im new, lol, ne way, i am pretty sure that my great great Aunt Maria Kink was on the Tianic in 3rd class. Now, ive put a post on Maria Kink and i need 2 URGENTLY KNOW if ne1 is related. im pretty sure that theres 2 maria Kink's. 1: Maria Louise Kink Pope and 2: Maria Kink.

number 2 is the one that im DESPERATELY looking for. Please ne1 who has ANY INFO, please reply.

Thanx, Kiki...

A

Andrew Williams

To Ann-Marie - Did you know that your great aunt was married at St.Peter's Church Southampton. The date of their marriage took place on July 24th 1912.

I have sent a copy to Phil Hind so her bio can be updated.

Andrew W.

Kiki Woods

Nov 19, 2004
doesnt anyone message? Cause the last post was in 2002, it is now 2004. PLEASE still ne1 who has ne INFO about Maria Kink, please post a message.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>doesnt anyone message?<<

They do if they take an interest, however, this isn't really the sort of thing that can be forced. Somebody may have the information requested but may be obliged to hold it close for some reason...like impacting on some of their research...or it could be that those who have seen this thread don't know the answers to the questions being asked.