Titanic connectionrelatives

Apr 11, 2001
Kiki, If you will send me an address, snail or email, I will put you in touch with a very nice man who has done extensive geneaology on the Kink family, and was a close personal friend of Lou Pope's. There is a great deal of information on Luise (Louise) Kink Pope as she granted many interviews and posed for many photographs, and was very active in attending titanic-related gatherings up until the year before she died. A highlight for her was presenting a plaque at Ellis Island in memory of those lost aboard Titanic. A link to some of those photos is here:
http://www.revdma2.com/Louise.html

Vicki Logan

May 15, 2003
Shelly, your site and pictures are wonderful as always. You've peaked my curiosity on the Morro Castle. Is that the liner that had a fire and sank?
Thank you for the information.
Sincerely,
Vicki Logan

Apr 11, 2001
Thanks! Yes that 's the ship! TIS Archives just received a magnificent donation of 20 years'plus worth of research by historian Bob McDonnell, who uncovered the real truth about the incredible night of death, murder, arson and disaster at sea. The last time I was in Asbury Park, the Convention Hall was still there. She smoldered afloat for days near that beach, and became such a tourist attraction- there are many photos. The Prince sisters shown below, were survivors (Lou Pope is in the middle). Sadly they are all no longer with us, but I believe Dolly McTeague, another Morro Castle survivor is still alive -she was a Follies dancer and had such great stories to tell. There are at least two books about the Morro Castle in print. Her saga reads like a novel!
92920.jpg

S

Scott R. Andrews

Marty Comes:

I just happened upon your post regarding your friend who is related to Wallace Hartley. When I lived in NJ, I worked with a man by the name of Kevin Noone, and his mother's maiden name was Hartley. If I'm remembering things correctly, his Great-Grandfather was Albion Hartley's brother, making this man Wallace Hartley's uncle. Could Kevin, by any chance, be the same person? What was even stranger was meeting Kevin's daughter at a company picnic around 1996 or '97; she was perhaps 19 or 20 at the time, and was the spitting image of a young Vivian Leigh (Vivian Mary Hartley). The resemblance was so apparent and so striking that it was almost scary!

Regards,
Scott Andrews

Aug 15, 2003
First class passenger/survivor, ANNIE MAY MORRIS STENGEL was Jessie Eliza Morris Thompson's first cousin. Jessie was my great grandmother.
Annie May's father, Charles Morris and Jessie's father, Elijah Morris were bothers. They were the sons of John Stevens Morris and Annie Eliza Webb Morris and direct descentants of Thomas and Elizabeth Morris who sailed from England in 1637 with the Davenport group and settled in New Haven, CT.

As you know Annie May and her husband Charles Emil Henry Stengel boarded Titanic at Cherbourg. They were reunited on the Carpathia.

Brian Ahern

Dec 19, 2002
Thanks for sharing, Starr. The Stengels are one of those couples who it's difficult to find info on about their lives off the Titanic.

Nov 29, 2005
Hi everyone. My name is James Farthing. Just wondering if anyone has info on passenger John Farthing. Anything would be helpful!! Thanks

Apr 27, 2003
James - Heres a bit more:

and Manservant (John Farthing). Missing. Cabin C57.
(From The Emergency and Relief booklet by the American Red Cross, 1913).
No. 137. (English). A valet travelling with an aged passenger, refusing the opportunity to be rescued, died with his employer. The widow, 50 years of age, earns $50 a month as a housekeeper. She has no children. Recently, her health has been poor and she had given up her work, planning to go to England for a visit to her sister. upon the death of her husband, she felt she could not afford to rest, and therefore secured another position. The money given by this Committee was paid to her immediately after the disaster. The widow received $1,200 life insurance and $1,000 from the family of her husband's employer, whose interest continues, and needed no further help. ($300).

Cheers Brian

Henry Loscher

Mar 6, 2003
Palm Harbor, Florida
John Farthing was a male servant to Ida and Isidor Straus employed after 1905. He was married to Thirza but they had not children. He was born in England around 1855, but emigrated to the New York prior to 1896.

Before working for the Straus's he worked for Charles Eisenhower and a Mr. McGreevy.

John Farthing did not survive the sinking. His wife, Thirza, made a claim for $25,000 against the White Star Line.

Regards, Henry

Tony Sheils

Jan 6, 2001
The last posting looks as though the info came from Craig Stringer's CD "Titanic People". If so, it should be acknowledged.

Jan 23, 2006
I am a distant relative of David John Bowen who died on the Titanic. I believe that David was born in Treherbert c.1886 and was the niece of my great-grandmother May Bowen. May married David Rees and lived in the Glyncorrwg valley outside Neath, and then moved to Llanelly.
I am a great grand-daughter of May Bowen and granddaughter of May's daughter Phyllis Rees.
I am trying to gather information on the Bowen family in Treherbert, and discover his parents and siblings.

If there are any other relatives out there, I would love to hear from you.
Also if anyone has any more information on David John Bowen, I would be very grateful. I understand that he trained with Leslie Williams the other boxer who also drowned that night in 1912.

Chrissie Brown
Lancashire

Mauro Zungri

Nov 2, 2004
My great-grand uncle James Vivian Drew traveled with its Marshall nephew and his Lulu wife. James death in the collapse. I live in Argentina and look for to reconstruct my history

Dec 21, 2003
It's quite interesting to read about how much people have connections with titanic people. As far as i know i dont have any. I'm from the netherlands, there weren't much dutch people on, and the ones that where are not related lol