Titanic Dreams

T

Tania Jones

Hello all.
happy.gif

Last night I had my very first Titanic related dream. It was quite an experience although sadly I can barely remember the events of said dream now. I wish I had written it down but what I can remember is being on the ship with my Great Aunt and Uncle, gossiping on deck with the fictional Rose DeWitt Bukater from Cameron's film and then later being on board during the sinking. The strange things are that the sinking happened in the day time, and the dream seemed to take place in today's present day rather thn 1912, but a few people were dressed in Edwardian clothing. It was all very bizzare and I felt rather surreal for a while after I woke up!

The point of this post, I was curious to know if anyone here has had any Titanic related dreams which they would care to share.
happy.gif

Best wishes,
Tania.

T

Tania Jones

Thanks, Jason.
happy.gif
I was so tired last night I forgot to run a search. Silly me. :p

Laura Jay

Dec 3, 2012
New England, USA
Had a vivid Titanic dream about a month ago. Moody was leading(more like tugging) me up the grand staircase and he kept telling me, "We have to hurry! This ship's going down!" I look down and the water's rushing up to get us... he hands me off to Lightoller and we both end up on the overturned collapsible. Lights keeps me awake and alert until we are rescued..
Interesting dream! I'm going to spin a fanfic out of it soon.

T

Talira Greycrest

I've only ever had one Titanic-related dream and it happened to be on the 100th anniversary. I'm sure the person I met in my dream was Stella Sage and, since having that dream, I've sometimes wondered if Stella's ghost was trying to send me a message, perhaps to say that her body (or the body of her sister, Dorothy) was recovered but never identified. The last thing I remember is waking up and it was 2:20am, the exact time Titanic sank.

T

Talira Greycrest

Apparently seeing Titanic in your dreams can mean one of two things, you're either in conflict with your subconscious and going against your instinct or you'll be let down by your high expectations.

May 3, 2005
This isn't a dream but an idea on some fiction. Rose's life post-Titanic/pre-Keldish. Ben Calvert (Rose's future hubby) picks up Titanic's SOS in Cedar Rapids for a start.

Last edited:
May 3, 2005
Later on in story.
Rose and Ben, Annette and Gifford (1953 "Titanic") and their kids meet on the Maiden Voyage of RMS Queen Mary in 1936.
Last line in the story. " Yes. I would like to see my drawing."

Last edited:

Technia

Sep 6, 2018
I've read several different dreams people have about the titanic. I have dreams about the titanic at least twice a month if not more. I have had a few where I'm on the ship as its sinking. People screaming around me. The ones that scare me is when I dream about the boat at the bottom of the ocean. One minute I'm looking at the titanic through a submersible and then the next I'm out of the submersible swimming at arms length from her. I know that it's impossible but the thought scares me. Or I'll dream that I'm trapped inside her under water and I can't get out. I see the ship as it would look today. Decaying and dark. Sometimes the area I dream I'm trapped in doesn't look like any area I saw in the movie or pictures and trust I have done quite a bit of research on her, yet I still know I'm in the titanic and I can't get out. I don't know if I'm remembering a previous life and some how drawn to a previous body. Or if being an empath has anything to do with the connection. It was a tragedy that bothers me everytime I think of it, but again I'm an empath so any kind of suffering bothers me. All I know is that the dreams don't just scare me, but they make me feel despair. I have vivid dreams that most people would call nightmares all the time. I never have happy or even good dreams. I've gotten use to it the older I get but even as a child I constantly have nightmares. However the titanic haunts me slot and they seem to be happening more frequently. Hoping maybe I might find an answer to help me come to peace with it.