Titanic Engineering

Nov 14, 2005
I had not seen this video before. It's only 11 min long but I thought quite good. I was just wondering if anybody here has seen those journals/books he found? I would like to go thru them but don't know how rare they are. Anyway the link is below. Later SteveC.

Bob_Read

May 9, 2019
USA
There have reprints of the journal The Shipbuilder but to my knowledge not the journal Engineering. You have to go to a major city library or large university library to find them. I was able to find them at the St. Louis Public Library and at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Luckily most all of the information can now be found in Titanic the Ship Magnificent by Bruce Beveridge which can be purchased.

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
The video is OK, though it adds little to our knowledge of Titanic. Thanks for introducing us to the engineer guy. I love his video about making aluminium cans. There are dozens more.

Nov 14, 2005
Thanks for replies. Bob, it sounds like they are rare but not so that you cant find them. Thanks. Dave, yes he has some interesting video's. I like the way he makes them. Yes nothing new was really covered about Titanic but I didn't know about the journals.