Titanic Exhibit

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2003
Has anyone been to the Titanic exhibit at the Mercado in Florida? If so how is it, it looks good. The grand staircase looks smaller than it actually should be, but hey whatever. I was just curious about the gift shop, is it any good and what can you buy?

Any info would be appreciated.

Stefan

D

D. Puckett

Stefan, I was just at the Titanic Ship of Dreams exhibit last week. Every time I am in Orlando, I go there to see it again and it's well worth the trip. They do have a replica of the grand staircase, but can't comment on the correct scale since I never seen the original. I also went to the MOSI in Tampa and seen the Titanic exhibit that just opened there about two weeks ago, so I got to see some new artifacts that I had not seen in Las Vegas and Virginia. Of course they have the big piece of the hull at MOSI, so that was exciting to see. They also have a replica of the grand staircase at MOSI and it looks to be the same size as the one at SOD. The SOD exhibit now allows pictures to be taken, but MOSI does not. I took a few pictures at SOD and have them posted in one of my photo albums on the WEB for coworker in London who will never get to Orlando and see it. I will leave them there for a few weeks if you want to look at them.
http://public.fotki.com/dpuckett/titanic_sod/

Status
Not open for further replies.