Titanic Featured in new film - Holmes & Watson Trailer

A

Aaron_2016

Here is the preview trailer for a new comedy film called 'Holmes and Watson' which appears to show a bomb exploding on the Titanic.

holmes.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 14, 2005
When i saw this thread title I was hopeing it was another Robert Downey Jr. movie. Those movies werent bad. This looks like a pass to me as I don't find Will Ferrel very funny. But others must as he keeps getting movie roles.

Reactions: Roger Southern

Harland Duzen

Jan 14, 2017
Another two questions we should be asking are "Where are the lifeboats?" and "What happened in the 1st Class Smoking Room to cause an explosion!?!" o_O

Reactions: A. Gabriel
A

Aaron_2016

Saw the movie yesterday. It was awful and a number of people got up and left. The film is set in the 1880's and we see the Titanic docked in London. Queen Victoria is aboard the ship and the famous detective duo have to stop a bomb from exploding. We are shown several 'what if' scenarios which show the bomb exploding, but the Queen is saved by Dr. Watson who throws the bomb out of the window and saves the Queen. Such a terrible film. The only good thing about the Titanic scene is that we see a cameo appearance of Titanic actor Billy Zane. He boards the Titanic and jokingly says "Where is my bathroom in this canoe?" I would give the film a 2/10. Not even worth getting on DVD. I would wait for the Titanic scene to appear on youtube next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rancor

Jun 23, 2017
After reading your review and seeing the critical consensus over on Rotten Tomatoes it definitely sounds like one to avoid. Having the Titanic 30 years early seems like a minor issue compared to the film as a whole.

Reactions: Logan H

Harland Duzen

Jan 14, 2017
I'm sorry Aaron you had to sit though it while others were walking out.

As for the film, the only other comedy to have the Titanic berthed in London was Family Guy, and that one was terrible (in my opinion).

A

Aaron_2016

The Titanic also appears berthed in Cherbourg in a French film called 'The Extraordinary Adventures of Adele Blanc-Sec.' It is much more tasteful and well made, so this little inaccuracy might be forgiven.

Cherbourg.png

I believe a number of Titanic passengers had explored the pyramids of Egypt before they sailed on the Titanic. This French film reminds me of their journey.

Clips from the film (Titanic is featured at the end)

Harland Duzen

Jan 14, 2017
Unfortunately the Gare Maritime didn't exist until 1933, but still definitely a better inclusion than above.

Actually if only Titanic did dock there, she would have ran aground and not been able to continue!

Reactions: 1 person

Rob Lawes

Jun 13, 2012
England
It seems like a number of people agree that this is a poor movie:

4th Officer J Boxhall:

"I was on my way back to the bridge when just as I entered I saw this movie, it was the worst moving picture I've ever seen"

Ruth Becker:

"I remember how bad this film was, it was awful"

Fred Barrett:

"I was discussing this film with the second engineer, aboslute rubbish we agreed"

Joseph Scarrott:

"The film was 9 hours and 57 minutes long, that's 9 hours and 57 minutes of my life I'll never get back"

Emily Ryerson:

"We had to watch something while we were heading back to New York and they chose this film. The biggest load of dung one has ever had to sit through"

Lookout Fred Fleet:

"I never saw it"

Captain Stanley Lord:

"My officer of the watch told me about it. I said that it didn't look like a good movie at the time"

Sir Cosmo Duff-Gordan:

"I paid the crew to watch it for me, strictly for entertainment purposes and not for any other reason"

2nd Officer Lightoller:

"I thought it was to be watched by woman and children only so I knew it was bad"

So there you go. Conclusive proof that it is a bad, bad film. :D