Titanic gettogether at Queen Mary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Herbold

Dec 13, 1999
An open invitation to Titanic buffs from Southern California, or for those who will be here this weekend.

John Clifford's group will be meeting this Sunday, June 25th at the Queen Mary.

Meeting time: 11:30 AM;
Location: Promenade Deck Entrance, near the Information Booth and the bell.

We will have lunch at the Promenade Cafe, then see parts of the ship afterwards.

If you're interested, drop me a note at
[email protected]

laura

Dec 30, 1997
Hello Mike, How was the Titanic get together at the queen Mary?I know its a little late to ask now,But im very interested to know, what is the Queen Mary Like is she as Grand as the Titanic? did you learn anything new about Titanic?Would you advise visiting the Queen? I know so many questions, I hope you dont mind responding at this late date. Thanks. Laura

Mike Herbold

Dec 13, 1999
Hi Laura:
June's lunch was fun. There were ten of us there. For me, every Queen Mary visit is a way to get a feel for what the Titanic must have been like. Whether looking up from below or strolling around the decks, you cannot help but get a feel for the size and elegance of the Titanic.

Everytime the group of us sit up on the deck on a sunny Sunday afternoon casually sipping drinks and enjoying each other's company, it dawns on me how normal most of the passengers aboard the Titanic were. And it also saddens me to think how normal most of their lives could have been if somebody would have just had the common sense to slow the ship down on that fateful Sunday night in April 1912.

If you get to Southern California, don't miss it. Our next meeting there will be in late September or early October.

H

Harley

Mike ,I have heard that the Queen Mary is haunted! Is this true? and if it is have you ever seen any ghosts on board ?Thanks Harley

Mike Herbold

Dec 13, 1999
I'm near-sighted and have glasses as thick as the ones in Pat Cook's picture, so I haven't seen any ghosts yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.