Titanic Ghost Ship

Nov 9, 2002
Hey Everyone,
I was just wondering if you would be offended if a horror Titanic film was made...kind of like Ghost ship.

Dec 6, 2000
Well, if you think about it - "Ghost Ship" was a horror Andrea Doria film!

As far as horror Titanic - try the book "There's Something Alive on the Titanic". I liked it for what it was, escapist entertainment.

Jul 11, 2001
Hi Bill! I read that too several years ago. I enjoyed it. Now that could be made into a movie. Just not by the same people who put "Raise the Titanic" on film!

Dave Smith

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
I'm way past being "offended" by anything put together by the movie industry. If somebody wants to try it, go for it, and I'll wish them every success. I won't watch it, but that's only because I don't much care for the horror genre overall. Your milage may vary on this one.

Nov 9, 2002
Hey,
Im not sure......perhaps it would be dark when the people find it and they really wouldnt be able to recognize it when they are on it haha I dont know. But anyways I was just saying if some movie was made about that if people would get mad for example people with broken necks and blood coming out of their mouths from jumping off the deck with their lifejackets....or rotten corpses that have been in water or people getting chopped in propellers I dont know just stuff like that.

Dec 6, 2000
Is "Titanic 2000" the one with hot nubile young female vampires on a ship? I saw it at the video store, but wasn't sure if it had a plot.

Hey, Mike - If "It was a dark and stormy night ...", then later in the story is "A pirate ship came over the horizon", which at least keeps it nautical!

Scott Newman

Jun 16, 2004
I'm curious if there have been any actual reports of ghosts or the like at the wreck. You hear about those sorts of stories all the time in other historical landmarks of this nature. There are people who won't even go near Dracula's Castle...so why not Titanic?

Jun 12, 2004
Actually, for those of you who believe in ghosts, it has been said that the Titanic wreck site is haunted. Considering how many people died and how they died, I wouldn't doubt it.

For those who don't believe in ghosts, and are science-minded, please remember that although science has not proven the existence of ghosts doesn't mean they don't exist. There's a difference between 'proving false' and 'unable to prove...'

What was it that Hamlet said to Horatio in Act Five? There are more things between Heaven and Earth than you can conceive in your imagination (not sure of the exact wording, but that's the gist of it).

Things need not necessarily be applicable to science in order to exist...

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>For those who don't believe in ghosts, and are science-minded, please remember that although science has not proven the existence of ghosts doesn't mean they don't exist.<<

Doesn't mean it's true either. See The Logical Fallacy of Appeal From Ignorance. You may also wish to check out Testablility

>>There's a difference between 'proving false' and 'unable to prove...'<<

True, but to qualify as science, the premise must either be supportable by evidence or falsifiable by same.

>>Things need not necessarily be applicable to science in order to exist...<<

Perhaps not, but science goes by what's observed and what can be demonstrated by the evidence. So far, no claims for ghosts have ever survived this sort of scrutiny.

Adam Went

Apr 28, 2003
Old thread I know but in short, the actual story of the Titanic is horrible enough on its own, doesn't really need embellishment.....from memory most attempts at 'horrifying' historical events in the strongest ways usually end up being train wrecks.