Titanic Ghosts

• Thread starter Suzanne McTaggart
  • Start date

But you forgot the trade-mark line, Jim! Or is it Roland, now?

Robert - I have just scanned back through your photos and realised that I have made a mistake. At closer inspection of the photograph, I have seen that the car to which I referred is not a '58 Fury... The Fury had twin headlights. I think I was mislead by the 'V' shape on the bonnet, and the writing above it that I couldn't make out.
My mistake.

>But you forgot the trade-mark line, Jim!

Can't say it on a family board.

>Or is it Roland, now?

You'll know for sure when you begin to become me.

Robert's photo is of a 1957 Chevrolet. The ideal car to take on as a first restoration project- lots of spare parts and a network of dealers and supportive fans.

We've gotten a bit off track as far as Titanic goes, but I couldn't resist one more comment.
I had a '56 Plymouth Savoy (my first new car and one which held the record for longevity of ownership for many years ) and always thought ("IMHO") that was the most beautiful of the Chrysler products. The '57 Chevrolet (again "IMHO") I always thought copied the '56 Plymouth's tail fins- on the '56 Plymouth they were red tail lights while they were chromed on the '57 Chevrolet.

Someone recently asked me what if the Titanic missed the iceburg, would it have been struck down in WWI, thought it was intresting so i'm posting it to see what others think.

Matthew, there's no way of knowing. One sister ship survived the war, one didn't. The Mauretania survived the war, her sister ship didn't. That's really how it was.

On another note, earlier in the thread people were talking about wanting to go back in time to keep the Titanic from sinking.
When people say this, what always immediately jumps out at me is that, if the ship hadn't sunk, there would be thousands of people on the planet today who aren't on it; and thousands more who are on the planet today who wouldn't be.

If the ship hadn't sunk, then the children from the second marriages of Mary Marvin, Madeleine Astor and Edith Pears would never have been born. So Madeleine wouldn't have divorced Mr. Dick, he wouldn't have then married Virginia Conner because he probably would have been in some other marriage, and the children from HIS second marriage wouldn't have been born. If Charles Fortune or the six Goodwin children had lived, they probably would have got married and had children. So whomever they would have married WOULDN'T have married whomever they actually DID marry, and the descendants of those marriages wouldn't be alive today.

It goes on and on and on.

That's why I never feel any desire to change history.

J

Jon Meadows

Not a ghost of a Titanic victim (depending on how you look at it), but Molly Brown's home in Denver is reportedly haunted by several ghosts. One is thought to be her husband because of the smell of cigars (he was an avid cigar smoker).

However, another of the ghosts likes to rearrange the silverware on the table. There is also a presence felt in her bedroom.

Here is an article:

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/ah_travel_landmarks/article/0,1801,HGTV_3217_1381604,00.html

Yes, Molly Brown's former mansion is well-known for its supposed hauntings. There was an HGTV special about the house, which aired around Halloween in 2000. Actually, I think it might have just been a segment of a special, but regardless, I remember the house being featured.

I'm actually writing a book on time travel to the Titanic. I have almost completed it. There is a connection to the 100 year anniversary of the ship's sinking, as well as some other interesting connections. My heroine, Miranda, time travels back to Titanic after finding a unique little "flip ring" in a vintage/antique shop. It is the flipping motion that sets time travel in place.

Miranda's paradox comes when she learns if Titanic is saved, then Emily (the person she becomes during the switch) will likely not meet and marry her *2nd husband* (her first would die in the sinking) and would not have the son who developed one of the most profound cancer treatments.

Then the question becomes--what other changes might occur if Titanic did not sink. The answer then is that we should not change history--for who are we to play God?