Titanic Headlines read all about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lisa bruner

Hello Titanic Enthusiasts ! I love this site..Im new here. This is the most intrigueing site I have found for the "Titanic" ! I found a good site to read about the news headlines as they were received for those of you who are getting familiarized with the tragedy. go to http://www.lva.lib.va.us/pubserv/nvp/titanic/witness hopefully this long link will work. or go to your search engines and type in 1912 news headlines. I solute all those aboard.

J

Jamil Sepulveda

I went to the site, but it wasnt working or something was wrong with it.

best,

jm

J

Jamil Sepulveda

I never really paid attention to the dates

i will now :p thanks
best
jamil

T. Eric Brown

Jun 5, 2005
Some of those headlines are so inaccurate it's funny. Did you see the one that read: "Titanic strikes iceberg. All aboard saved. Ship taken in tow to Southampton."

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Some of those headlines are so inaccurate it's funny.<<

Unfortunately, this sort of thing is quite common anytime something big happens. These people could get news from one side of the world to the other at the speed of the electron, but that didn't mean they would get it right. Reporters then as now were as likely to report rumour and innuendo as to report the real deal, especially if information was lacking and contradictory.

Look at the London bombings today. Information can be sent from one side of the globe to the other at the speed of light, but the same problems still apply. In the absence of anything reliable, speculation rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.