Titanic Historical Society

D

Daniel Klistorner

The Summber 1984 (Vol.8 #2) Commutator talks about how they are printed and dispatched. I never got a chance to read it, but I hope to do so some time soon.

S

Steve Anderson

Tarn:

You are in good company, as an individual thrown out of THS in the early to mid-1990's due to association, with RMS Titanic.

The list is quite long as you know.

I to was barred in 1994 due to my support and assoication with George Tulloch, J.E., C.H, J.C,R.G., and numerous others.

I care not to comment on this issue as most know.

M

Michael Cundiff

So upon Tarn Stephanos' disclosure, it is safe to say that, indeed I subjected that case as a reference. Yet on the other-hand, was this aforementioned prominent THS member, an on-hand *observer* of an RMSTI expedition to the wreck, treated as equal?

Perhaps I should ascent from my plunge into the abyss...

Michael A. Cundiff
USA

L

Leona Nolan

As a person who was thinking of joining the Irish Titanic Society I thought I would see what you people thought of Titanic Societies in general!! Unfortunately I'm even more confused now
Sad
Thanks.........

Michael H. Standart

Michael H. Standart

I'd say it's worthwhile, even if only for the quarterly journals. The articles I've seen in The Commutator, Voyage, and The Atlantic Daily Bullitin are top notch pieces of scholarship and research.

Phillip Gowan

Phillip Gowan

RIP
And Leona,
The White Star Journal of the Irish Titanic Society is also a good buy--

Phil

T

Tarn Stephanos

Truth be told, I think its best to belong to all the Titanic societies, that way youll get a well rounded picture of Titanicdom, but beware, politics runs rampid in the Titanic societies...

BUT you may find if you join TI,and are a THS member, and THS finds out, THS might not let you renew your membership the following year.

Not that they care..I overheard K.K say at a past THS convention her desire to 'weed out the riffraff' from THS membership.

DOZENS of THS members ,trustees and founders were expelled from THS for 'not obeying'.
Bah!!!. Joe Carvahlo- the most giving man ive ever known- the man who founded THS and was best man at the kamuda wedding- was expelled from THS..hes just one of scores given the boot.

Titanic International was essentially formed by expelled or disenchanted THS trustess, and many of their members are x THS members..

regards

Tarn Stephanos

Mark Chirnside

Mark Chirnside

As a member of the BTS since 1999, the THS since 2000, and hopefully the ITHS, I haven't the budget to join other organisations. I find the ADB and Commutator so far to be good magazines, always stuffed with information; and I hope the same will go for the ITHS's periodical.

I did wonder why John Eaton, Charles Haas, and others were not still in the THS; Walter Lord mentions them as top officers of that society in his 1986 book. It seems strange that they left, or were told to. Was this why Titanic International was set up in 1990?

Speaking personally, I've found the THS to be a grand organisation, and I hope to continue as a member for years to come.

Best regards,

Mark.

L

Leona Nolan

Thanks everyone for the information!!! Definitely joining ITHS!! Does anyone have any more information on Titanic International and how does one join?

M

Michael Findlay

Leona and Mike,

Thanks for your help, Mike. The TIS website is currently undergoing major reconstruction but will be up in a month or so.

If you would like membership information, Leona, please contact me at [email protected]., and I'll be happy to forward a membership package to you.

Sincerely,

Mike Findlay

Michael H. Standart

Michael H. Standart

Major reconstruction? Cool. I'll keep an eye out for the end result. Any idea when the next Voyage will be coming out? I know there have been a lot of problems lately, but I still look forward to every issue.

M

Michael Findlay

Hi Mike,

Voyage #41 was mailed over the Christmas holidays to the membership. The last batch went out shortly before the New Year so you should be receiving it soon.

Problems? well, no, we just have some overworked volunteers
Happy
. Believe me, the problems are not society related.

Hope you like the issue, Mike....

Best,

Mike Findlay