Titanic Honor and Glory

CollinSearls

Aug 20, 2018
Well now I’m scared to look at anything of theirs for any sort of help with my model whatsoever. I want to make my model explorable, but I’m not making this for commercial use at all, it’s just a personal project. Still, I’m paranoid I’m gonna get into some sort of trouble.

Harland Duzen

Jan 14, 2017
I just thought, with all the talk of a new Spiderman game allowing you to take photos or stage comic-styled photographs, would't it be good if in T:H&G's Free Roam Mode* you could take photos of the Titanic at speed from a floating POV and have the ability to adjust the time, ship's speed or weather?

That could provided weeks of fun and no two photos would ever be the same. Plus it would it allow the player to see parts normally obscured like the propellers in action or the Riveting.

*Probably best not in Story Mode expect for maybe the Southampton segments.

Kas01

May 24, 2018
It might be interesting as a brief character switch, especially for Southampton if you end up as a generic onlooker on either New York or Oceanic. IIRC those had a lot of people on them watching Big T on her way down the Solent.

A. Gabriel

Jun 13, 2018
Philippines
One of the convenient things about Harland & Wolff, it seems, is their penchant for repeating design motifs in their interior design for the fittings of the ships they built. It allows the dev team here to make a 'close enough' guess about Titanic's interiors where the photographic / wreck / Olympic fittings record fails.

Also, there was a new video a couple of days ago:

Reactions: Harland Duzen

Harland Duzen

Jan 14, 2017
Another good thing about them using the Harland & Wolff photo collection and others is that even if it IS inaccurate, the Titanic and this Video Game becomes a testimony and memorial to ALL the ships of the Golden Age of Ocean Liners which is quite symbolic and beautiful.

Reactions: Tim Aldrich

Rancor

Jun 23, 2017
After watching the video with Matt where he details the extreme lengths they go to for historical accuracy I can understand a bit better why they are so protective of their work.

Reactions: Tim Aldrich
Dec 23, 2017

New real-time sinking coming next month. Its not the Empress Of Ireland or Lusitania
Hmmmm, any anniversary's next month of ships sinking?

Harland Duzen

Jan 14, 2017
Someone in Youtube comment section has mentioned it could be the sinking of the SS Atlantic (1871) which if done with animated NPC's could be quite a grisly Real-Sinking Video.

Kas01

May 24, 2018
I'm probably the only one here wondering about models for dogs aboard ship, especially after the uncanny valley seagulls in Demo 3.

Dec 23, 2017
I thought that might have been the case but the Atlantic did not "sink" as the ship was still above the water all night and for for all the time until she was scrapped so it would be a long real-time sinking in that sense. Whatever this is also has to be fairly easy to create due to a Empress & Lusitania animations not coming along until some sort of hired help comes. Could be something from the great lakes? Since i cant think of any major ships sinking in november outside of the big ones in the November witch which has claimed thousands of ships

Harland Duzen

Jan 14, 2017
Nothing in the video said it was related to November. Perhaps it's simply the updated Titanic sinking showed in the recent documentary?

Kyle Naber

Oct 5, 2016
That’s what I’m hoping for! But it doesn’t sound like it will be Titanic.

Last edited:
A

Aaron_2016

New real-time sinking coming next month. Its not the Empress Of Ireland or Lusitania
Hmmmm, any anniversary's next month of ships sinking?
I think he mentioned one of the models for sale was the SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse. Perhaps they will show her sinking in real time? She was scuttled in 1914 during a sea battle. Next month will be the 100th anniversary of the end of the war. Perhaps they are waiting for the centenary to release a video in tribute to a ship that sank in November 1918? Maybe the HMS Britannia - torpedoed and sank just 2 days before the war ended.

Kas01

May 24, 2018
Britannia might make sense, considering ships leaving from Southampton would pass the Motherbank. A generic pre-dreadnaught model would probably be made for the Southampton segment, probably for a cutscene, and with a little bit of work a King Edward VII class could be made from that generic model.

Ryan Burns

Sep 23, 2016
I think he mentioned one of the models for sale was the SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse. Perhaps they will show her sinking in real time? She was scuttled in 1914 during a sea battle. Next month will be the 100th anniversary of the end of the war. Perhaps they are waiting for the centenary to release a video in tribute to a ship that sank in November 1918? Maybe the HMS Britannia - torpedoed and sank just 2 days before the war ended.
For some reason my brain heard them say the Wilhelm Gustloff. But that's obviously a different age of steamship, so I don't know why they would choose that one. It's definitely the Kaiser Wilhelm they are talking about.

A

Aaron_2016

Britannia might make sense, considering ships leaving from Southampton would pass the Motherbank. A generic pre-dreadnaught model would probably be made for the Southampton segment, probably for a cutscene, and with a little bit of work a King Edward VII class could be made from that generic model.
Might also be the sinking of RMS Leinster which sank 100 years ago today with the loss of over 500 lives (Greatest loss of life on the Irish sea). There were memorial services held in Ireland and Wales today to mark the centenary.

Biggest war-time Irish Sea tragedy marked

Leinster.png

Dec 23, 2017
Tom mentioned in the guarantee group (wont mention the whole thing to keep it private) that he has doc to go along with it too. Tom mentioned earlier they had a Doc on the Atlantic and some other ships ready to go

Dec 23, 2017

So it is Atlantic for the real-time sinking, as well as a whole week of videos!

This will especially bring to a end my animation of the Atlantic due to the H&G animation will be faaaarrr better than mine. Maybe in the future i will finish it, did not show anything due to issues with getting proper rain to fall yet and more time being devoted to the Lusitania project. Can show a view of the model if anyone wants in the future. Now back to Honor & Glory!:p

Reactions: Harland Duzen