Titanic Honor and Glory

Dec 23, 2017
Took the last Historical Telegram episode featuring Vintage Titanic Music and made it into a album for people to download. I myself ironically really enjoy "When The Lusitania Went Down", despite how ridicules it is. It should be noted as im sure some people will ask, no profit is being made from this and is 100% free

Vintage Titanic Music.zip

Reactions: Harland Duzen

Harland Duzen

Jan 14, 2017
Weirdly I really like "When The Lusitania Went Down" too. It's quite catchy although I guess it being a propaganda song(?) it's meant to be.

Back to topic!

Dec 23, 2017
Im wondering how long this animation is, to me at any rate this is waaaayyy to bright to be at 3 in the morning. This could also possibly be footage of a previous time in the voyage

Harland Duzen

Jan 14, 2017
I don't know if anyone else knows this, but it appears the store has some new prints of the Titanic sailing and Britannic sinking.

Store

Dec 23, 2017
Just as a heads up for anyone in the future, i would advise that you should never use any H&G footage and publish it to YouTube outside of the demos, the video i made over a year ago that took the Real-Time sinking video and just made it darker and put some survivor accounts on it was taken down by the team the other day. Unsure what was the issue with it as it clearly stated in the start of the video i dont own anything and no money was made off it and that the team made it. Maybe they are getting close to investing time and are making sure there are no lose ends out there. Kinda sucks though

Kyle Naber

Oct 5, 2016
That does suck! Unfortunately you do need licensing for their work these days; citing your sources isn’t enough anymore :(

Dec 23, 2017
I thought both where nicely done and hope down the road to see more!

Might be a little over critical but i honestly skipped the documentary sections featuring actors as in any documentary to me that has low budget acting on low budget sets ect are hard to watch as to me at least its far more convincing to look at a photo or drawing and its a little less cringy :D

Dec 23, 2017
Still all well done, this will probably the most accurate depiction of the ship sinking as its going to get due to how little information there is on it. At the very least when it comes to a real-time sense, in almost every other ship outside of the Titanic there is little too no accurate time stamps on events. As iv learned with the Lusitania and the Empress, it turns out that most people in 14-30 minutes are more concerned with saving themselves than getting a watch out and timing everything :p. Sorry if this sounds like im a negative Nancy but we always got to keep that perspective on these matters as the Titanic is the only sinking where almost everything to the minute has been mapped out

Dec 23, 2017
Bunch of new shots of the Britannic sinking up! These shots proved in my mind that the angle chosen for the video makes it look a little more dramatic than the angle probably was, with the starboard propeller shaft always staying partially submerged.

Also it is some of these shots that makes wonder what kind of water texture/surface they are using? Iv been by the ocean/lakes all my life and have never seen that solid of a shadow on the ocean:rolleyes:
BritannicSailing2.jpg BritannicSink1.jpg BritannicSink2.jpg

Harland Duzen

Jan 14, 2017
At the risk of sounding a bit over-enthusiastic and veering off topic, this is one of the best documentaries I've ever seen!

I knew a bit about the Atlantic from "Ships Of The White Star Line" by Richard De Kerbrech and the ship's article on Wikipedia, but this documentary was so informative and well done. The Simulation was perfect in conveying the collision and sinking, music was fitting and emotional and they clearly did a lot of research in visiting the area to talking to the societies and historians without having to dramatise or make a mystery out of anything.

Congratulations to T:H&G and everyone involved for bringing the Atlantic and her passengers back into people's mind and I hope others look up to this documentary for it's standard of quality and research.

Back to Topic!

Bunch of new shots of the Britannic sinking up! These shots proved in my mind that the angle chosen for the video makes it look a little more dramatic than the angle probably was, with the starboard propeller shaft always staying partially submerged.
BritannicSink2.jpg
methode-sundaytimes-prod-web-bin-9ad77e7c-92e0-11e6-a426-a264f38b65f8.jpg

Just a guess, but I think this new photo was meant to be a virtual version of Ken Marschall painting of her sinking since the Motor Launches(?) appear in a similar position and they possibly made it especially instead of screen-shotting it from the original real time sinking video since the water seems different.

Rancor

Jun 23, 2017
The foam around the water washing up the deck looks quite realistic in screenshot 1.

Still not convinced about emergency lights on after the break though, every article I've seen written by people knowledgeable about the electical system suggests that the lights would have gone out with the break.

Kyle Naber

Oct 5, 2016
The team somehow came to the conclusion that the emergency lights were powered by a battery separate from the rest of the ship.