Titanic Honor and Glory

Rancor

Jun 23, 2017
The team somehow came to the conclusion that the emergency lights were powered by a battery separate from the rest of the ship.
I would love to see their source for this info. And I'm suprised a battery capable of supplying 60kW of emergency lighting isn't readily visible on the deck plans. A battery of this capacity in 1912 would have required a room all to itself.

Rancor

Jun 23, 2017
Given their demonstrated commitment to authenticity I would imagine they have a good reliable source but this would have to be previously unknown to every other expert and researcher including many on this forum who have written extensively about the electrical system.

Dec 23, 2017
They mentioned it in the live-stream, and to answer it they basically said "people dont believe us, but it is true". Not a very convincing argument but they mentioned Bill Sauder in the sentence so who knows as Bill is pretty good with facts

Reactions: Kyle Naber

WSFHunter

Jan 2, 2019
The team behind Honor and Glory has certainly gone into the history and design of Titanic and I really hope they do secure the funding they need to complete this fantastic looking game.

Reactions: 1 person

Kyle Naber

Oct 5, 2016
They've claimed to have multiple companies wanting to invest, and negotiation is the only thing left to decide (something that takes probably more time than finding the investors).

Rob Lawes

Jun 13, 2012
England
I've no idea what the lead time from concept to commission is for a fairly big game but over 6 years seems excessively long in the rapidly evolving tech industry.

Interest in the Titanic probably peaked in the centenary year and it's difficult to imagine where this game will find its place in the wider market.

Modern gameplay is more geared to online, multi user "dip in and out" style games. I can see it as an app style game where you can enter the ship and explore a basic package for free or subscribe for wider access and an add free experience.

Reactions: Itsstillthinking
Dec 23, 2017
At the very least our contributions have made it so around 80% of the ship is already done.
The team said if they cant secure the funding it will A) Be released as a walking demo where you can explore the ship in full or B) They will stop treating this as a full time job and it will be completed but just on a smaller scale.

Il admit its been alongggggg time since the project started and i find myself wanting it to proceed quicker, but i have to remind myself this is basicly 3 dudes for most of those years going at recreating this.

At the very least the time is allowing them to make sure they get the ship right, a rushed game will always be a bad game and its the same for history

B-rad

Jul 1, 2015
Tacoma, WA
Indeed. They should market it as a historic vr rather than a game. There is still a market but for as much effort I doubt they will see the handsome awards they would have several years previous. I 100% support them though. They have made many many many great attributes. I'd love to sit and conversate with them.

Reactions: Rancor
2 Opinions on their work:
Noteworthy and quality content. Very good design and you can tell they care.

I can't say the same for their potential customers and/or supporters. They ran a video giveaway for Olympic and Titanic memoribilia half a year back and many people got their YouTube accounts deleted due to unintended spamming and our unfamiliarity with google's spam detection algorithms (you had to explain why you wanted the prizes in the comment section, in which we were encouraged to comment it as many times as possible, of course not thinking that they had not thought kf the consequence of this). The result? When contacted, they essentially washed their hands of the matter.

I still haven't gotten back my YT account which was very important to me. So while it's a great piece of work as an artistic title, this Titanic buff is not going to be buying it anytime soon. At least not until they help me get my account back.

Jan 23, 2019
I would love to see their source for this info. And I'm suprised a battery capable of supplying 60kW of emergency lighting isn't readily visible on the deck plans. A battery of this capacity in 1912 would have required a room all to itself.
Another stab in the dark from me. I seem to be making a lot of those.

I think they believe the emergency dynamos were sufficient, or that the engine room flooded so late in the sinking the power was able to stay somewhat online right to the end. Maybe a combination of the two.

I know very little about the ship and how it actually all works, so I can't criticize. I've purchased The Ship Magnificent but I haven't gotten around to really taking a crack at it.

I am enthusiastic about the project and I will go out of my way to get a computer capable of running it. I'm not surprised at the longevity of the production. It's a small crew and they seem a bit obsessive, going over details very few would bother themselves with. There was a video where they talk about how the evaluate the types of ornamentation and coat hangers used when there aren't any photographs. At least it's not Duke Nukem Forever.

Yet.

Reactions: Rancor

Rancor

Jun 23, 2017
We know with a fair degree of certainty that the power stayed on throughout the sinking right up until the break, due to dynamos being at the rear of the ship and at least one boiler room being able to supply steam due to the same reason. It's the power remaining on after the break that is still not settled in my opinion.

Harland Duzen

Jan 14, 2017
Yippee! :)

Featuring the 1st Class Smoking Room, 1st Class Staterooms, Reading and Writing Room, Turkish Baths, 2nd Class Dinning Room, Scotland Road, Hospital, 1st Class Badminton Court, Cargo Hold, 3rd Class Forward Well Deck and More! :D

Last edited:
S

SmileyGirl

Is this a new demo Harland? I will watch it this evening. Have they launched the game? Sorry, I don’t have time to watch it just now :)

Harland Duzen

Jan 14, 2017
According to them, it's an old building demo that is a few months old and with selected cabins and areas. It's sadly not playable* or going to be released but we get to see some new areas and them answer questions about the development.

*Then again with the "monster" in 3rd Class, perhaps it's for the better... :confused::D

S

SmileyGirl

According to them, it's an old building demo that is a few months old and with selected cabins and areas. It's sadly not playable* or going to be released but we get to see some new areas and them answer questions about the development.

*Then again with the "monster" in 3rd Class, perhaps it's for the better... :confused::D
Thanks Harland, will watch it tonight.

Is there going to be a monster in the game?! :eek::D