Titanic Honor and Glory

Kyle Naber

Oct 5, 2016
I would get enough out of them if I could just tour the cities, walk the ship, and get an updated real time sinking video. Those things aren’t profitable, however, so I guess I’ll have to wait for the game.

Reactions: 1 person
S

SmileyGirl

Watch to the end and find out... Just don't blink... ;)

Back to Topic!
I saw it! How frightening! Is that there for a joke? It isn’t part of the real game is it? :D

The graphics are so superb, it just blows me away. And the detail. It’s astounding. People from 1912 would have been so in awe of the technology today. They wouldn’t believe what they were seeing :)

Harland Duzen

Jan 14, 2017
I saw it! How frightening! Is that there for a joke? It isn’t part of the real game is it? :D
I hope not!?!

It is for the time-being just an Easter Egg that Matt and Kyle threw in just for the live-stream, but I would't want to be wandering thorough narrow darkly-lit corridors at night and see that in front of me (let's hope no Halloween Updates are ever made)!

Back to Topic and it' slightly sad and surprising to see how similar the 3rd Class General Room looks to the Interior of the Nomadic.

Last edited:
S

SmileyGirl

Especially once you answer their question about why the Titanic is so famous in 2019!
I couldn’t answer the question though. Just WHY does Titanic hold such fascination over other ship wrecks. Why am I fascinated by the whole thing but not really interested in other ship wrecks? I’ve never been able to answer this :rolleyes:

S

SmileyGirl

I hope not!?!

It is for the time-being just an Easter Egg that Matt and Kyle threw in just for the live-stream, but I would't want to be wandering thorough narrow darkly-lit corridors at night and see that in front of me (let's hope no Halloween Updates are ever made)!

Back to Topic and it' slightly sad and surprising to see how similar the 3rd Class General Room looks to the Interior of the Nomadic.
Phew! It really frightened me! I’m glad it’s not in the game! :eek:

Yes, I didn’t realise some of the third class rooms were so basic i.e. bunks around the room like that and little else! I assume there were storage drawers under the beds?!

And I NEVER knew about the padded room! I’ve never read about that room in any of the books I have!

S

SmileyGirl

That’s brilliant, thanks for that Harland. I never even thought about this but I suppose I would have expected a cell for criminals :D

Rancor

Jun 23, 2017
I couldn’t answer the question though. Just WHY does Titanic hold such fascination over other ship wrecks. Why am I fascinated by the whole thing but not really interested in other ship wrecks? I’ve never been able to answer this :rolleyes:
Good representation in modern media I think, keeping people interested. If she was this well known only 20 years after the sinking there would have been more interest in preserving the Olympic.

S

SmileyGirl

Yes that’s true. But the story and people of that night is just so fascinating.

CM1971

Aug 26, 2018
New York
Good representation in modern media I think, keeping people interested. If she was this well known only 20 years after the sinking there would have been more interest in preserving the Olympic.
With the exception being Titanic "The new evidence" from 2017 lol.

Rancor

Jun 23, 2017
Yeah some of the docos can be a bit hit and miss. I think the James Cameron movie should have most of the credit in my opinion.

CM1971

Aug 26, 2018
New York
Agreed. I just thought it was funny, because I remember being excited because I had just watched a string of documentaries, then found out a new one was coming out, and realized it over dramatized an already known issue. Just disappointing. But yes Cameron and his work should be commended along with manyof the artists who bring Titanic and the wreck back into attention of people. Even as far as making a model for Vehicle Simulator, Titanic Animations real time sinking video, the H&G team, and countless others. Even this forum! ;)

Reactions: Rancor

Kyle Naber

Oct 5, 2016
The team just announced that there's going to be a new sinking animation live stream with historian commentary tonight! Not sure when, though, so I'll keep refreshing!

Kyle Naber

Oct 5, 2016
Here is their 107th anniversary podcast with sinking animation:

There's some behind the scenes and different angles at the end.

NikkiChan92

Apr 14, 2019
Maine, USA
Here is their 107th anniversary podcast with sinking animation:

There's some behind the scenes and different angles at the end.
Gonna be a bit of a wait before we see the new model in the new animation. Despite the wait I'm excited that we will be getting a new animation. Here is a couple screens from the end of the stream.

Attachments

Kyle Naber

Oct 5, 2016
Gonna be a bit of a wait before we see the new model in the new animation. Despite the wait I'm excited that we will be getting a new animation. Here is a couple screens from the end of the stream.
I was expecting to see the new model because Tom said there would be an updated animation that night, but it was the same one, just darker. I was a bit disappointed, but I enjoyed the conversation nonetheless.

NikkiChan92

Apr 14, 2019
Maine, USA
I was expecting to see the new model because Tom said there would be an updated animation that night, but it was the same one, just darker. I was a bit disappointed, but I enjoyed the conversation nonetheless.
Im in the guarantee group and saw Kyle's explanation for why the new animation has been delayed. We'll be able to see it soon.