Titanic Honor and Glory

Harland Duzen

Jan 14, 2017

(Insert Bugler playing "The Roast Beef of Old England" as fanfare.) ;)

We have Jack Phillips (and soon to be Harold Bride) Chracther models, 3D Cutaways of the Titanic, Modelling updates, distributor news and a few future surprises! :D

Rancor

Jun 23, 2017

(Insert Bugler playing "The Roast Beef of Old England" as fanfare.) ;)

We have Jack Phillips (and soon to be Harold Bride) Chracther models, 3D Cutaways of the Titanic, Modelling updates, distributor news and a few future surprises! :D
Looks good! I really appreciate their honesty and openness with the community and fanbase.

Yes it's taking forever and a day but these sort of projects always do. As the saying goes: "Fast, well made, cheap. Pick two."

Having the game studio on side though looks like a good move, they should be able to crank out the character models a lot faster than they otherwise would.

Here's hoping they get Stevefury to help them model the engine room.

Brad Rousse

Nov 27, 2002
Prague, Czech Rep.
Yeah, I've no complaints here. This is an actual, in-depth update that not only shows a breakthrough might be in the cards but addressed all the things I've been criticizing with either obvious progress of admitting this is indeed a problem.

Let's see what August brings.

Last edited:

Harland Duzen

Jan 14, 2017

Update: They have just announced that they are now selling Oceanic, Celtic, Cedric, Baltic and Adriatic in 1:1000 Scale! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: NikkiChan92

Seumas

Mar 25, 2019
Glasgow, Scotland
How wonderful to hear Charles Haas speaking again on Titanic related subject matter again. I grew up seeing him on documentaries and reading his and Eaton's excellent books.

It's good to know that H&G have such an able Titanic historian advising them.

Is John P. Eaton still alive ?

ShaneMac

Jul 22, 2019
New Hampshire
I don't know if it's just me but does anyone else feel like Charles Haas was throwing a hint at Tom, and by extension the team, under the bus when he was talking about "coveting and withholding knowledge about Titanic". I mean this is something I feel the team definitely does, I mean I understand that certain elements are for the game. But also they are constantly striving for "accuracy" and have made a few "new" discoveries and believe in certain instances I disagree with. Also the fact that they seem to throw down any other Titanic related projects instead of accepting them as their own entity or interpretation, I recall something like this happening with Titanic VR and a small misunderstanding with Titanic Animations, which caused a large amount of their fans to start targeting him, causing them to make a response comment. I certainly appreciate all the work they've done. But I feel like there has been a certain lack of transparency with them.

Rancor

Jun 23, 2017
Don't disagree with you, but I think as a commercial enterprise they are trying to stop people taking advantage of all the research they have put in, as at the end of the day they want a unique product that people will buy.

Hopefully they release the research with the game so the wider community can benefit from their discoveries.

Bob_Read

May 9, 2019
USA
Rancor wrote: “..., as at the end of the day they want a unique product that people will buy.” Do you happen to know the date of that particular day?

Kyle Naber

Oct 5, 2016
Hopefully they release the research with the game so the wider community can benefit from their discoveries.
They actually do plan on doing this. It’s going to be something along the lines of an organized journal.

Rancor

Jun 23, 2017
Rancor wrote: “..., as at the end of the day they want a unique product that people will buy.” Do you happen to know the date of that particular day?
No idea whatsoever! Based on other projects like this I would speculate release would be a year away at a minimum, but that's a totally uneducated guess.

Kyle Naber

Oct 5, 2016
No idea whatsoever! Based on other projects like this I would speculate release would be a year away at a minimum, but that's a totally uneducated guess.
The team confirmed that the game would be released two years from the point of an official investment (something they say is closer than we think).

Reactions: Rancor

CM1971

Aug 26, 2018
New York
The team confirmed that the game would be released two years from the point of an official investment (something they say is closer than we think).
Hopefully. because I'm pretty sure a "Demo 4" is probably out of the question. But yes, I do remember the team (on multiple occasions) stating that after official investment it would be two years from that point. And given the recent update in regards to working with a studio, it maybe sooner (hopefully).
"Also the fact that they seem to throw down any other Titanic related projects instead of accepting them as their own entity or interpretation, I recall something like this happening with Titanic VR and a small misunderstanding with Titanic Animations, which caused a large amount of their fans to start targeting him, causing them to make a response comment."
To address the Titanic VR: Yes I believe one of the team said something along the lines of putting in "a deliberate decoy" in the models in case said model was stolen/copied, which they believed their asset had been copied.
As for Titanic Animations, yes that was quite a mess, but that's what happens when hundreds of thousands watch you. I don't agree with the almost "eye rolling call-out" they made. They did however apologize.

Harland Duzen

Jan 14, 2017
A new video has been released today discussing the coming arrival of the 1/200 Titanic model by Trumpeter...

...however, they have also announced that in the coming months, we will have the opportunity to buy replicas of the Grand Staircase's D-Deck candelabra (I think?), Davits* and Telegraphs! :D

*As a personal response to the last two, I take them!

Reactions: Itsstillthinking

Bob_Read

May 9, 2019
USA
There is something about this THG/Trumpeter alliance that doesn’t quite ring true. I am very skeptical about what this is all about. I have my suspicions about where it is going but I don’t think it will be clear until the model is released. Stay tuned and keep your hand on your wallet. Just sayin’.

Harland Duzen

Jan 14, 2017
Personally, I am more excited about the prospect of a working model davit being available as:
  • Welin Davits are a very unique design that you rarely see either as a replica or in real life.
  • From this picture below, it looks like you could be actually able to crank them in or out (and if you're good at model making, you could modify it to have planking or even a lifeboat hanging from it).
IMG_0022-1.jpeg
IMG_0023-2.jpeg

(Photos from Titanic: Honor & Glory Website)

As for the Telegraphs, it's very hard to find just general replicas that actually look accurate (and aren't the size of a keyring) so to get the option of two decently scaled ones is great. :)

Back to Topic!