Titanic Honor and Glory

Mar 22, 2003
Chicago, IL, USA
It is interesting that some idiot, who obviously never read much and did not bother to read the book, wrote a review of my co-authored book, Report Into the Loss of the SS Titanic - A Centennial Reappraisal, that started with something like: 'This book cannot fair too well because the authors should have known that the Titanic was referred to as RMS Titanic, not SS Titanic in its title.' That reviewer had no idea as to what he was talking about, but he posted what sounded like it came from someone speaking with authority. Of course, if that reviewer had only done a little research of his own instead of making a stupid pronouncement which was wrong, he would have discovered that most references of the period, including in the two inquiries conducted at the time, referred to the vessel simply as the SS Titanic, the steamship Titanic, or White Star liner Titanic.

Seumas

Mar 25, 2019
Glasgow, Scotland
It wasn't a certain "Unsinkable" author was it ?

I've read about the great lengths he has went to in the past to trash other authors works about the Titanic.

Dec 23, 2017
It is interesting that some idiot, who obviously never read much and did not bother to read the book, wrote a review of my co-authored book, Report Into the Loss of the SS Titanic - A Centennial Reappraisal, that started with something like: 'This book cannot fair too well because the authors should have known that the Titanic was referred to as RMS Titanic, not SS Titanic in its title.' That reviewer had no idea as to what he was talking about, but he posted what sounded like it came from someone speaking with authority. Of course, if that reviewer had only done a little research of his own instead of making a stupid pronouncement which was wrong, he would have discovered that most references of the period, including in the two inquiries conducted at the time, referred to the vessel simply as the SS Titanic, the steamship Titanic, or White Star liner Titanic.
You tell him Sam!

Mike Spooner

Jan 31, 2018
When looks at the photo of the two ships Olympic and Titanic on the H&W slipway. The name plates show. WHITE STAR ROYAL MAIL STEAMER.
One could argue until the ship carries royal mail it remains as SS? Although the Titanic SS is on the head grave stone plaque of Jack Phillips!

Seumas

Mar 25, 2019
Glasgow, Scotland
A few things about H&G that intrigue me.

Have they said anything yet about the voice actors they will use ? Will they try and have the historic personalities speaking in accents and dialects that they are known to have had or likely to have had in 1912 ?

It would be neat if they have quite a number of the crew with real (and very distinctive) working class Liverpudlian and Hampshire accents - rather than the "Cor blimey missus, we've only gorn and struck a ruddy oiceberg !" kind of thing.

Really hope they have Lightoller with a Lancastrian accent, Murdoch with a soft Scots Borders accent and include Lowe with an English rather than a Welsh accent.

Will they go the extra mile and have characters speaking in for example the French, German, Swedish, Czech or Norwegian languages ?

For the music of the ship's band, will they have a few authentic tunes from the White Star repertoire recorded for the game by a half decent orchestra ?

Just interested. :)

Mar 22, 2003
Chicago, IL, USA
I could tell you that the image of Titanic steaming ahead that is shown in Seaumas' post #511 above is highly unrealistic from a forensic viewpoint. Can anyone guess what's wrong?

Brad Rousse

Nov 27, 2002
Prague, Czech Rep.
They also continue to produce material unrelated to the project. If I were a potential investor I’d think they were an ocean liner research association, not a video game project.

Harland Duzen

Jan 14, 2017
I could tell you that the image of Titanic steaming ahead that is shown in Seaumas' post #511 above is highly unrealistic from a forensic viewpoint. Can anyone guess what's wrong?
The smoke from the chimneys going in possibly the wrong direction?
The lack of flags from the masts?
The sea and / or sky not being accurate in regards to the weather?

I would mention that the above photo is perhaps more of a simple recreation of a famous angle (possibly the one in the Thomas Cook advertisement?) so I personally would't be too quick to judge it.

Have they said anything yet about the voice actors they will use ? Will they try and have the historic personalities speaking in accents and dialects that they are known to have had or likely to have had in 1912 ?

For the music of the ship's band, will they have a few authentic tunes from the White Star repertoire recorded for the game by a half decent orchestra ?
I think in one of their earlier videos (when they were trying to crowd fund it) they did mention they intended to use accurate voice actors.

As for music, they did meet and work with a folk band a while back and with the orchestral music they use in all their videos, I think that's a guarantee. :)

Reactions: Seumas

NikkiChan92

Apr 14, 2019
Maine, USA
> "Continuing to produce material unrelated to the project"

I really should wait for Tom's new members video but, I'm technical and I'm clearing the youtube/animation side of it right now.

All new animations that are outside of the project, Lusitania, Empress of Ireland etc etc are not being modeled or animated by Tom, Matt or Kyle but a team of 2 animators, one of them is here and kinda well known.

The one thing Kyle is animating (when not busy with the game) is the new Titanic real-time animation with a higher detailed exterior model with low-poly interiors visible, this is project related since Kyle said in the demo live-stream that it'll include things new to him. I'm guessing water physics is one of them, among other details that will benefit for the actual game level.

Sure Tom still does the video editing but they have other team members now to animate and model the "unrelated projects".

Just wanted to clarify and put the record out :)

So TL : DR

Related project: new Titanic animation - still being done by Kyle

"Unrelated Projects": "It's" being done by the two animators they hired recently (see July status update, and Demo livestream), allowing in theory, more work to progress on the game while new YouTube content is produced.