Kyle Naber

Oct 5, 2016
Titanic: Honor and Glory recently shared their 2020 updated final fourteen minutes of the sinking:

Tom Lynskey stated in last night's livestream that he is dissatisfied with how collapsible B is launched, the angle in which the stern sinks, and how quickly the stern sinks.
It definetly changes things up when they add the silhouettes of people on the deck and a few jumpers. The sound design I think is amazing- especially leading up to and during the break.

Any thoughts?

Reactions: 1 users

Kyle Naber

Oct 5, 2016
I was a bit baffled as to why the ship's stern pretty much sank sideways. I was hoping they would explain that decision.

Yeah he pretty much just repeated that this wasn’t the final animation and that they’d continue to tweak things.

B

Bob_Read

They’ve still got funnel #1 falling to port when testimony indicates it fell to starboard. Check out Paul Lee’s critique. Here’ Paul’s quote: “ There is almost universal agreement amongst Titanic scholars that the first funnel fell to starboard near boat "B" which had drifted in that location.”

Reactions: 1 user

Kyle Naber

Oct 5, 2016
They’ve still got funnel #1 falling to port when testimony indicates it fell to starboard. Check out Paul Lee’s critique. Here’ Paul’s quote: “ There is almost universal agreement amongst Titanic scholars that the first funnel fell to starboard near boat "B" which had drifted in that location.”

They didn’t say it in the livestream, but they’ve said in the past that they’re starting to see ways how the port list was evened out when the bridge went under, which allows for the funnel to fall over to starboard. I think it was just due to the fact that they have the port list never correcting in this animation.

Kyle Naber

Oct 5, 2016
One of my favorite parts is when we swing over the well and poop deck and we see just how high up in the air it would have seemed to those still in board.

Nikki Farmer

Apr 14, 2019
Maine, USA
Also small heads up, post live-stream touch on Britannic: Patroness of the Mediterranean comes up on the 3 hour, 44 minute, and 14 second mark. Looking forward to the trailer.

Last edited:

Newman123

Feb 15, 2020
Do you think that the Devs of "Titanic: Honor and Glory" should make the fourth funnel accessible? I mean it supposedly had ladders that went all the way to the top. A Diagram of Olympic's fourth funnel from a 1920s book depicted the ladder inside the fourth funnel

Does anyone or has anyone asked if they will make the fourth funnel explorable and accessible in the game or is already planned.

I want someone to go ask the H&G team about the fourth funnel issue. see if they acknowledge it

I'm really unsure if they already have that planned.

Newman123

Feb 15, 2020
So do you guys think they will make the 4th funnel accessible when the ship is complete? It'd be a bummer if the access to the 4th funnel ladder wasn't featured.

Kyle Naber

Oct 5, 2016
So do you guys think they will make the 4th funnel accessible when the ship is complete? It'd be a bummer if the access to the 4th funnel ladder wasn't featured.

Probably! Their goal is to let you see as much of the ship as possible!

Newman123

Feb 15, 2020
Titanic: Honor and Glory recently shared their 2020 updated final fourteen minutes of the sinking:

Tom Lynskey stated in last night's livestream that he is dissatisfied with how collapsible B is launched, the angle in which the stern sinks, and how quickly the stern sinks.
It definetly changes things up when they add the silhouettes of people on the deck and a few jumpers. The sound design I think is amazing- especially leading up to and during the break.

Any thoughts?
In some parts, it's sounded as though the ship was roaring or screaming in pain.

Daniel_AT

Apr 16, 2020
Years ago, they said every space which was accessible on real Titanic will be accessible in the game too. Maybe not in story mode but in freeroam mode for sure :)

Daniel_AT

Apr 16, 2020
I already gave answer at the Titanic: Honor & Glory thread some hours before. But yes, they said every space which was accessible on real Titanic will be accessible in the game too some years ago. Maybe not in story mode but in freeroam mode we will be able to climb the fourth funnel :) Aww, can`t wait to create amazing screenshots there or enjoy the view in VR :)

Tim Gerard

Feb 26, 2019
The only word I have is wow. The level of both visual and audio detail. I just couldn't quite follow how Collapsible B went from how they showed it sitting on its side to floating upside down. It looked almost like the force of the water crashing onto the deck but it was hard for me to see. I only got 3 hours into their 5+ hour podcast so maybe they explain it more after that mark. I heard Tom Lynskey say this is not their final product and he didn't like something about that same collapsible boat.

Kyle Naber

Oct 5, 2016
The only word I have is wow. The level of both visual and audio detail. I just couldn't quite follow how Collapsible B went from how they showed it sitting on its side to floating upside down. It looked almost like the force of the water crashing onto the deck but it was hard for me to see. I only got 3 hours into their 5+ hour podcast so maybe they explain it more after that mark. I heard Tom Lynskey say this is not their final product and he didn't like something about that same collapsible boat.

Yes, he did mention that he wasn’t happy about how the boat is pushed off of the roof and how the stern sinks. I do have to agree on the audio. Hearing the ship groan and rumble is really haunting.