Apr 25, 2007
Sunderland, Tyne & Waer
This is the reason I am so bitter...the original idea was to walk around the entire ship and see it......bbuuuuuttt ESPECIALLY as it sinks! Thats what got everyone going.....but nearly a decade later and they havent even finished modelling the ship, which is one of the "easier" parts of making a video game if I understand correctly.

Hi all,

I can not speak for everyone but the sinking for me I can take or leave. When I donated I did so because they promised a full recreation of an Olympic class liner, and on that they are most certainly delivering. The demos alone have shown me what they can do, and what they are doing is breathtakingly good. Even if all we get is the complete (or not so complete) ship model it would be more than worth it, as it would still be the most accurate model of Titanic to date.

All the best

Michael

Reactions: 1 user

Oliver K

Jul 8, 2018
The Brittanic simulation sounds interesting but i'm saving up for the biggest release this year which is the new Flight Simulator so it will have to wait

Reactions: 1 users

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
"I hope though that both games can co exist without problems because they complete the Titanic story"

Me too, its just a shame they could not have asked to have it licensed out instead of stealing (If that is true, one has to be careful on what is said). And while i cant wait for Titanic VR to come out on PS4 i am a little worried on what will the VR team will do during the sinking sequence coming out this year as that will most likely use the same area as H&G. I also want to apologize if i sounded like i was saying no one could copy H&G rooms they have made. No one own the Titanic like a character or movie so anyone can make it and i fully encourage it! Its just as with anything balance is needed, and ripping the model completely out or not doing the research yourself so you can make a quick buck is also not cool
Im not sure, because spammals was talking about his "then and now" he noted how the Reception Room pillars on H&G and TitanicVR don't match up in size and distance.

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
That be cool, ideally it be great if JC just funded it himself but one can dream. For me i think Tom, Matt & Kyle are not the ones to lose focus on us, but that's just me. By the way has anyone made a donation? and if so how safe do you think it is? Im always a cautious one when handing out banking information
like the person who showed their credit card info on FB..to brag about having one.

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
They haven't released data like that for the final game because well...its not finished. But I can use the demos they have released as good benchmarks for performance, keep in mind the final results might be hardware that isn't as expensive because the demos were not made with performance in mind. Everything in them is still unpolished for performance.

According to their demo download page the requirements are:

Windows Vista/7/8/10
3.5hgzh Intel Core i7 CPU or better
8 - 16GB of Ram
2-4GB Nvidia GPU
8gb of HD space for download and 11GB more to unpack totaling 19GB HD space.

Most games (when released) come with a "minimum requirements" and "recommended requirements". Obviously as I'm mentioned, the game isn't finished so its next to impossible to guess what those are going to be. But I would be willing to bet it is something around those requirements listed on their download page.

Now, assuming your computer isn't capable of running the demo or final game and you need a complete overhaul you could get your friend to do something like this: System Builder - Core i7-7700 3.6GHz Quad-Core, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, S340 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker

-or-

System Builder - Ryzen 5 1600X 3.6GHz 6-Core, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, S340 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker

The 2nd is an AMD build, if you use the default cooler sent with the CPU's it works just fine, Intel's has a habit of running hot which is bad.

That is a list of all the computer parts they recommend for the demo, not the final game, but it will get you up and running and almost certainly be able to run it once it is released. Keep in mind that you most likely will not have to do a complete overhaul, you might just need more ram or a better CPU, Your friend will be able to let you know this by opening the computer and seeing what all is in there. :)

Regards,
Pheonix
there goes TA showing how smart he is

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
So then I always come back with release the data then so I can go through the motions with the same data you had access to and see if I come to the same conclusion. That in of itself is the scientific process. If other people using the same data can obtain the same results then it can be scientifically proven. But it seems like after 2010 wreck photography and data is serverly lacking. Why the hush hush? Why keeping the wreck site photos covered up but yet saying "I have access to photos that you don't have access to so there for I am right". Well how do we know you even have said photos if we never saw them as far as we are concerned the photos don't exist.

What we need is transparency when it comes to Titanic, we need a place that has all known wreck photos, videos, etc posted so it can be easily found. I spent like 6 hours last night after work on google looking for new wreck photos. I found none. just the same ones from the 90`s and 00`s that are ever plentiful.
hear, hear!

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
Item: After the preview of the Trumpeter Titanic in Nuremburg earlier this year, the outcry on social media about the number of errors in the kit was so great that Trumpeter reached out to several different knowledgeable people in the Titanic community to assist them in addressing the errors.

Item: THG was one of the groups advising Trumpeter and they advertised that they would be doing an "unbiased" evaluation.

Item: THG signed nondisclosure agreements with Trumpeter such that they could not release a list of the errors they found.

Item: After evaluating the kit and sending Trumpeter a list of corrections, THG members began actively promoting how great this kit is albeit with a few necessary corrections. Becoming a cheerleader for this kit when they sent a 1.5 gigabyte file to Trumpeter outlining corrections doesn't seem "unbiased". The question was why?

Item: Shortly after this THG announced that they would become a distributor for the kit and would receive financial benefit for each kit sold directly from them.

Item: Trumpeter recently released photos of an assembled kit with supposed improvements made with photoetched brass items. No explanation was given either by Trumpeter or THG whether these would be included in the kit when released.

Item: Trumpeter has never said what necessary corrections to the kt will be made and THG will not release the list of corrections they suggested so it is left to the modeler to try to sift through the kit after buying it to identify errors.

Rancor: I will leave it to you to draw your own conclusions about the parties involved, their actions, and the quality of the kit. At the very least, there has been a serious lack of transparency and conflict of interest.
honestly the whole store is overpriced. $1.5k for the Trumpeter? $200 for a Lego Titanic? And $70 BUCKS for a 1:1000 Nomadic the size of your thumb! I think the Keldysh is $500!!

Kyle Naber

Oct 5, 2016
It looks like the team is constantly altering and evolving the final plunge dynamics:

(5:47)

This appears to be a mirrored video, as the stern appears to have somewhat of a starboard list. I find this newer animation to be a bit more true to survivor accounts, as it achieves a near-vertical angle and also stops for a moment in that angle.

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
It looks like the team is constantly altering and evolving the final plunge dynamics:

This appears to be a mirrored video, as the stern appears to have somewhat of a starboard list. I find this newer animation to be a bit more true to survivor accounts, as it achieves a near-vertical angle and also stops for a moment in that angle.
excellent! I wonder if we'll get an updated real time soon

I love the fact we're getting a true and proper titanic game, but Titanic Animations has finished his Titanic inside and out within a year. He said if he doesn't stream and model, he doesn't get bills paid. Imagine if they had this mindset

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
excellent! I wonder if we'll get an updated real time soon

I love the fact we're getting a true and proper titanic game, but Titanic Animations has finished his Titanic inside and out within a year. He said if he doesn't stream and model, he doesn't get bills paid. Imagine if they had this mindset

Hi Kyle.
I hope we’ll get to know something soon, or an update on their YouTube channel. It’s been 7 months since they posted an update video.
also, is it very fair to have a paywall to be able to know what’s happening behind the scenes, I.e updates/progress? Then, the people in their Private Facebook group aren’t even allowed to share what’s happening. The photos on their Facebook page? All from something we’ve seen before, some from two years Ago. I support their project, of course. I want to explore Titanic to my heart’s content. But, they’ve had almost a decade. Now, I don’t know anything about 3D modeling, but Titanic Animations, a very good guy, finished his model within a year! And look at what he’s accomplished:
3EDDEE3B-CD0E-42D2-BCF1-CF9A55AD3037.jpeg

He’s working on the interior right now, I believe. I mean, why can’t THG do this? Again, I do support them, but the lack of updates, or anything news is a little grating.
Rant over.

Rancor

Jun 23, 2017
Hi Kyle.
I hope we’ll get to know something soon, or an update on their YouTube channel. It’s been 7 months since they posted an update video.
also, is it very fair to have a paywall to be able to know what’s happening behind the scenes, I.e updates/progress? Then, the people in their Private Facebook group aren’t even allowed to share what’s happening. The photos on their Facebook page? All from something we’ve seen before, some from two years Ago. I support their project, of course. I want to explore Titanic to my heart’s content. But, they’ve had almost a decade. Now, I don’t know anything about 3D modeling, but Titanic Animations, a very good guy, finished his model within a year! And look at what he’s accomplished:
View attachment 74604
He’s working on the interior right now, I believe. I mean, why can’t THG do this? Again, I do support them, but the lack of updates, or anything news is a little grating.
Rant over.

Managing a community is a very difficult thing, several mods I've followed in the past for various different games have all had their own styles some with more success than others. The delay in recent posts not withstanding, I though T:HG were doing a pretty good job.

There's a great video on their youtube that goes some way to explaining why they are taking so long, they show an example of modeling a room with coat or hat hooks in it. There are no pictures available and only limited detail shown in deck plans, so they have to hunt for and then go through hook sales booklets of the period to try and determine the correct design for the hooks that would have been on the walls. The level of detail they are going to is extraordinary but with it and the fact they are a very small team means it will take ages.

"Cheap, Fast, Well Made - pick two!"

Mar 9, 2018
Georgia, USA
If I'm not mistaken, they definetly hame some sort of a relationship. He was a chat moterator for them during their 108 anniversary stream.

I don't doubt that the final product will be as accurate as humanly possible, as they have people like Bill Sauder and Parks Stephenson on their team (and a small possibility of James Cameron in the future by the sounds of it).
I was asked to join the project by Tom in May or June of last year, long story short: Tom got mad and withdrew the job offer.

Long story is:

A friend made a visually impressive thing that caught Tom's attention, and Tom sent out an email that (paraphrasing here) basically said, "We have thousands of subscribers and millions of views, come join us and you're stuff will be seen by more people."

The friend asked me to look at the email and give my thoughts on it, which essentially what I told him was, "He's being very vague in this email. Ask for some elaboration on things. What is it you're going to be doing? What will your work schedule be? You are allowed to ask him questions if you have questions." etc etc.

Tom took 2 weeks to respond to him, with an equally long response. An important thing to note is that before my friend sent me that 2nd email to look over (to give my thoughts on it), he said, "I think we both know who he's talking about in point #4"

I, vainly, assumed Tom was talking about me. Imagine my surprise when I read #4 and it said (again, paraphrasing), "Don't trust everyone online, they think they have all the information. They don't, only we do."

So yea, I wasn't exactly looking over the email with the unbiased of glasses for the remainder of my time. I still stand by what I wrote to my friend though, which ended with, "If I were you, I'd decline the offer."

A few weeks go by and Tom reaches out to me, with the same vague, "We have thousands of subscribers and millions of views, come join us"

I sent Tom a list of requirements that had to be met and written down in writing before I would join the project. Among these are:

I have to be able to continue making my own videos. My channel earns me revenue which allows me to pay my bills. I cannot shut down or private all my videos after I join your team. This would kill my revenue, force me to quit your team, and go work one (or more) minimum wage jobs to get back on my feet financially.

I require $10 an hour (extremely low pay for someone in the game industry, most game developers make at a minimum $50,000 a year)

I work on my own stuff (at the time) for 10 hrs a day, I can afford to devote no more than 2hrs a day to your project.

What would I be working on if I joined?

I own the rights to all the models I create while working for you

etc etc.

They all boiled down to protecting myself and looking out for myself. Which any sensible person can understand. Nobody in life looks out for you, you have to do that yourself.

Tom took 9 days to respond to the email in which all he wrote was: "I find your terms agreeable but I must rescind the offer as I do not wish to work with people who distort private conversations and accuse me of threats which I did not make."

I'd also like to point out that I accused him of no threats in the messages between my friend and I. His ego couldn't handle the fact that someone saw the way he was acting and had a negative opinion of him after they saw those things.

Reactions: 4 users
Nov 14, 2005
I was asked to join the project by Tom in May or June of last year, long story short: Tom got mad and withdrew the job offer.

Long story is:

A friend made a visually impressive thing that caught Tom's attention, and Tom sent out an email that (paraphrasing here) basically said, "We have thousands of subscribers and millions of views, come join us and you're stuff will be seen by more people."

The friend asked me to look at the email and give my thoughts on it, which essentially what I told him was, "He's being very vague in this email. Ask for some elaboration on things. What is it you're going to be doing? What will your work schedule be? You are allowed to ask him questions if you have questions." etc etc.

Tom took 2 weeks to respond to him, with an equally long response. An important thing to note is that before my friend sent me that 2nd email to look over (to give my thoughts on it), he said, "I think we both know who he's talking about in point #4"

I, vainly, assumed Tom was talking about me. Imagine my surprise when I read #4 and it said (again, paraphrasing), "Don't trust everyone online, they think they have all the information. They don't, only we do."

So yea, I wasn't exactly looking over the email with the unbiased of glasses for the remainder of my time. I still stand by what I wrote to my friend though, which ended with, "If I were you, I'd decline the offer."

A few weeks go by and Tom reaches out to me, with the same vague, "We have thousands of subscribers and millions of views, come join us"

I sent Tom a list of requirements that had to be met and written down in writing before I would join the project. Among these are:

I have to be able to continue making my own videos. My channel earns me revenue which allows me to pay my bills. I cannot shut down or private all my videos after I join your team. This would kill my revenue, force me to quit your team, and go work one (or more) minimum wage jobs to get back on my feet financially.

I require $10 an hour (extremely low pay for someone in the game industry, most game developers make at a minimum $50,000 a year)

I work on my own stuff (at the time) for 10 hrs a day, I can afford to devote no more than 2hrs a day to your project.

What would I be working on if I joined?

I own the rights to all the models I create while working for you

etc etc.

They all boiled down to protecting myself and looking out for myself. Which any sensible person can understand. Nobody in life looks out for you, you have to do that yourself.

Tom took 9 days to respond to the email in which all he wrote was: "I find your terms agreeable but I must rescind the offer as I do not wish to work with people who distort private conversations and accuse me of threats which I did not make."

I'd also like to point out that I accused him of no threats in the messages between my friend and I. His ego couldn't handle the fact that someone saw the way he was acting and had a negative opinion of him after they saw those things.
After reading your post I got curious on how this works...mostley from an investor point of view. To borrow your phrase long story short I'll just say the interwebs is not very kind regarding this outfit.