J Sheehan

Aug 23, 2019
Cork, Ireland
To clarify, we don't know if he left left. He simply said he's not done anything for the THG project for the least year or so (despite one of the April updates has him claiming that as soon as lockdown ended he'd be working 24/7 to find an investor.)
He hasn't left the THG project.

I just looked at the THG website in the Team Page and then in the Crew Page. Tom's image and his position in the company is still up there. Besides if he had left, it would've been announced on their social media pages.

I wouldn't worry about the lack of updates. It's happened a few times before, and when updates do come they announce they've still been working away, contrary to what a lot of you people out there may think.

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
He hasn't left the THG project.

I just looked at the THG website in the Team Page and then in the Crew Page. Tom's image and his position in the company is still up there. Besides if he had left, it would've been announced on their social media pages.

I wouldn't worry about the lack of updates. It's happened a few times before, and when updates do come they announce they've still been working away, contrary to what a lot of you people out there may think.
I don't hate the project, I mean, who wouldn't want to wander Titanic, every inch of her, to their heart's content?
There's just been issues with the game for years.
Also we don't know what the heck Tom is doing.

Rose F.

Feb 19, 2021
I don't hate the project, I mean, who wouldn't want to wander Titanic, every inch of her, to their heart's content?
There's just been issues with the game for years.
Also we don't know what the heck Tom is doing.
Looking at his personal channel, Part Time Explorer, whatever he dang well pleases that has nothing to do with the game.

Reactions: 1 users

Liam1613

Feb 14, 2013
I understand where you are coming from - I feel similarly. A couple of basic points:
1. They are making an announcement this weekend as it happens (YouTube live stream), in their words: "A bunch of updates on the status of the game, our new direction, and insight into what's been happening" I am hoping that the "new direction" is that they will follow the general consensus and drop the elaborate fictional game concept and refocus on simply building the ship - that is what most if not all of the backers are really wanting.
2. Have you tried their "test game" Britannic: Patroness of the Mediterranean on Steam? It is a "virtual museum" experience. Water physics are basic at best, but I found the experience very immersive and I sincerely hope the direction the main game will now take.

I imagine this is the route the game is going now but it makes me very sad. I’ve been following the game since 2011 and donated money waaaay back to it. I was hoping for a Titanic: Adventure Out of Time style game when I donated, which is what it was practically described as. The fact this game was on a historically accurate, detailed version of the ship full of interesting factual information, historical NPCs and a full access tour mode made it too good to be true... but I was still excited for the game aspect. It will be great to explore the ship (assuming this still gets released) but it won’t give me the immersive experience I would have liked which will be disappointing after a decade of waiting and hoping for it. That’s just me though I guess.

We will have to wait and see what’s happening with regards their new direction and this legal business though.

Reactions: 2 users