Titanic Honor and Glory

Cam Houseman

Cam Houseman

I saw yesterday on the Titanic-Voyage RPG that Tom, or someone claiming to be Tom, setting up an "event" to get people to donate to THG. I didn't notice if it said where to go if you actually did want to donate, and I admit to being more amused by another "event" that "Mr. John Philips, Wireless Operator" set up to get people to gather in the potato storage room on E-deck. Other than that and this forum thread, I have no idea what happened between Tom and the others.

Does anyone happen to know if THG is doing their yearly Youtube livestream of the sinking in real time this year? I haven't seen an announcement for anything on their Youtube channel.
yeah, and then the Reading and Writing Room went to hell and Mr. Lightoller had to break everyone up

Rose F.

Rose F.

interesting. I wonder what's he's doing now he's off the team
It sounds like he's using his channel to discuss the historical minutiae and what-not he used to do without it affecting the image of THG the game. Which you know what? I can respect that. Even with some of the issues I've had with him in the past, I don't think he's all bad, and I wish him the best! I'm eager to see how Levi's animation looks.

Kyle Naber

Kyle Naber

Interested in a new animation!

Looks like they’re incorporated the evening out of the post list (which matches Thayer’s account), starboard-falling 1 and 2 funnels (which matches Lightoller’s account), and we see the ship breaking into three instead of two: One main break in front of the third funnel, and then a large fracture behind the third funnel. The final plunge happens extremely quickly, but during and after the break, the stern does cant upward (nearly vertical) and rotates slowly (which lines up with Frank Prentice’s and Thayer’s accounts).

Cam Houseman

Cam Houseman

2:50:00 marks the final plunge.
Seems like they're actually doing stuff now! More videos, they've been livestreaming a lot on their Discord.
I have boxed in their newer videos

they also have a new demo, which is a sinking demo, i the Reception Room.

They will also be releasing parts of the ship in "phases" or something.
Have they found their groove? If they keep this up, maybe they can dig themselves out of the hole they made! I'm liking this new direction

oh, and, Tom Lynskey is not apart of the team anymore.

D

DarrenC

It's probably worth mentioning that Titanic: Honor & Glory have now released "Demo 401" - which is quite impressive. It currently covers most of 1st class public spaces and some crew spaces such as the bridge and mail room. You can even get out on deck in a few places and can also chose between day and night.

Windows 10+ only since you need DirectX-12 (I found out the hard way). Also, be aware it is a 10gb download and if you want decent performance, my GTX 1650 graphics card can just manage full settings without stuttering except in a few rooms.

Cam Houseman

Cam Houseman

Demo 4 was in place of the Alpha, which was delayed for an indeterminable amount of time, (even though it was promised would be in Winter 2021) attributed to leaks of the progress done, so they dropped whatever they were doing and looked for the leaker. Leaks have shown that the ship is covered in textured rust, akin to the model from "Raise the Titanic" (1980).

However, Demo "401" is absolutely beautiful. The lighting makes everything shine, the paneling, is modelled so intricately. If the megademo looks like this, maybe there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

D

DarrenC

Demo 4 was in place of the Alpha, which was delayed for an indeterminable amount of time, (even though it was promised would be in Winter 2021) attributed to leaks of the progress done, so they dropped whatever they were doing and looked for the leaker. Leaks have shown that the ship is covered in textured rust, akin to the model from "Raise the Titanic" (1980).

Leaks? Never heard about that on the Titanic.

Failing to meet promises and/or deadlines is par-for-the-course for this project but, as you say:

However, Demo "401" is absolutely beautiful. The lighting makes everything shine, the paneling, is modelled so intricately. If the megademo looks like this, maybe there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

I agree 100%. Despite the mismanagement, they have poured a lot of work into this and it would be a real shame to see it go to waste.

Yusuf Khan

Yusuf Khan

Would anyone know if it's possible to run the new demo on a mac? I really want to see it for myself but my Windows pc isn't good enough to run it, the only thing powerful enough I have is one of the new MacBooks. It doesn't support Mac but I was just wondering if anyone has found a workaround.