Titanic Honor and Glory

CWoolcott

CWoolcott

Does anyone know about the release date for the alpha version of titanic honor and glory?

Jason D. Tiller

Jason D. Tiller

Staff member
Does anyone know about the release date for the alpha version of titanic honor and glory?
A release date has not been announced as of yet, since the game is still very much a work in progress. Here's an announcement on the Alpha from the Executive Director Matt DeWinkeleer, as of March 3:

Milos Grkovic

Milos Grkovic

Solo 3D modeller and Artist
An update for last month from their public post on Patreon:

"Hello THG fans and Patrons! You are currently reading our first Patreon Update, our newest way to keep you all in the loop. Every month you can expect us to post a short check-in, and for the first 15 days, it will only be visible to our Patrons! After that period, the update will be available for all to see. Now let's get to the update!

FROM THE TEAM - As you may have noticed, there hasn't been much progress on the Alpha as of late. This is actually on purpose. We didn't expect much fanfare when we released Demo 401 on Christmas of 2021. In fact, we thought we'd be back to developing the Alpha by the New Year. However, two unexpected things happened. First, our fans and Patrons fell in love with the demo. We loved 401 as much as anybody, but we had worked with it so much over the years that we forgot what it was like to explore these spaces for the first time. Second, once we started working on Demo 401, we realized how much potential there was under the hood. The spaces looked nicer than ever, and the demo was growing bigger. Suddenly, we had something really special on our hands, and we just couldn't put it down.

All that being said, we have decided to briefly put all our efforts into Demo 401, make it the best experience we possibly can and release it on Steam as TITANIC: PROJECT 401. It will include some features not currently in the Demo version, and Kyle is working on some new crew spaces to make the demo the largest release of our Titanic thus far.

Once we release PROJECT 401, all hands will be on deck for the Alpha. Though keep in mind that work will continue on both projects over the next few months and as always, the work being done on PROJECT 401 will benefit the Alpha in numerous ways.

We wouldn't be doing this if we didn't think our fans and Patrons wanted it, and based on your feedback, there is no doubt that TITANIC: PROJECT 401 deserves a life of its own. We can't wait for you to see more!

FROM MATT - Thanks to everyone who joined Kyle and me for the anniversary stream last month. Having so many of you with us during that time means so much.

I've been trying to model again lately and dipping my toes into many places. Before Kyle can get into the Alpha blockout, some locations don't rely on the exterior hull that I can flesh out with more final details. These are rooms away from the hull and exterior and deep below - refrigerated cargo spaces, some galley areas, and linen rooms. A little boring but needed refreshing.

Luckily, we have two new volunteer modelers on the team. One of them, Jason Chester, has finally given us excellent modeled and game-ready versions of particular cabin fittings after years of the blocky Matt-versions in demos. I'm super excited about slick-looking cabin hooks, which are (and I am not exaggerating) something in almost every room. So you'll see these all over the ship - gym, bridge, cabins, baths - all over. I've handed him a list of what to do next, and our researchers are helping him along the way.

In misc THG stuff: I am working on writing up a TU video for the end of the month. It will specifically be about debunking some of the current trending videos about Titanic facts (please don't believe what you read on the internet these days!) And there will be an update to the THG Plan for the end of the month for Titanic's birthday. A few additional elements were added to the digital plan, and some typos were corrected.

FROM KYLE - I've been working on finalizing the model content for the 1.5 or Crew Update of 401, but as some of you may have heard, I recently experienced a hard drive crash. The data is probably fine and will be sent for recovery, but it did throw up an obstacle or two. Luckily everything important I need to finish the 401 update wasn't on that drive, so I can finish that work. As soon as that's done, I will finally begin working on the Alpha Blockout, which is a basic model of the ship's hull shape, superstructure, and steelwork necessary to build the ship's interiors and exterior.

FROM JAMES - Greetings from the Atlantic Ocean! As you may know, I am currently working on a cruise ship, and I'm happy to report, that I was born to be a sailor. But don't worry, I am working on THG and PROJECT 401 in my free time (which I have a LOT of). This mostly consists of researching and writing some voice-over dialogue that may appear in both projects. In other cruise ship news, we recently completed our transatlantic voyage, including stops in Halifax, Cobh, Belfast, Liverpool, and Southampton, and I ended up filming a lot of it. So lookout for a short series on YouTube where I take you along for the voyage.

OTHER TEAM UPDATES - Gio Castro has been working with Titanic historian Dan Klistorner on the Empire suites. They have both been researching and Gio modeling/rendering different color schemes to try and decipher between Titanic/Olympic and Britannic. Chris Daley has been modeling Titanic's loud-speaking telephones. With the assistance of the research team, he's narrowing down which phone types were on Titanic's bridge, crows nest, and around her decks."

Also a link to the post:

Milos Grkovic

Milos Grkovic

A latest update from their Patreon with new screenshots:

A calming place to read

As work on 401 progresses, here is a look at the updated visuals in the first class reading and writing room.

Seumas

Seumas

Just throwing this out one out there:

Did H&G ever get round to rendering any of the historical personalities that were aboard the Titanic ? Edward Smith, Bruce Ismay, Thomas Andrews would be obvious examples to start with.

Thomas Krom

Thomas Krom

Did H&G ever get round to rendering any of the historical personalities that were aboard the Titanic ? Edward Smith, Bruce Ismay, Thomas Andrews would be obvious examples to start with.
Back when Tom Lynskey was still part of the team he stated that the project had teamed up with a studio that would make historical figures. Prior they had modelled captain Smith, Mr. Ismay and Thomas Andrews Jr themselves (see below)

Captain Edward John Smith

White Star Line chairman and President of the International Mercantile Marine Company Joseph Bruce Ismay

Managing director of design of Harland and Wolff and master-shipbuilder Thomas Andrews Jr

Under the studio they briefly paired up with following three historical figures were shown.

First class stewardess Violet Constance Jessop

First officer William McMaster Murdoch

Senior wireless operator John "Jack" George Phillips.

From what I've heard they stopped working alongside this studio.

Seumas

Seumas

Thank you very much Tom, that was interesting.

The Captain Smith rendering doesn't look too good does it ?

That said, the Jessop, Murdoch and Phillips creations look much better.

I must say that the Bruce Ismay effort looks a lot more like Oswald Mosley than the real Ismay :oops:

Cam Houseman

Cam Houseman

A latest update from their Patreon with new screenshots:

A calming place to read

As work on 401 progresses, here is a look at the updated visuals in the first class reading and writing room.

View attachment 110168
View attachment 110169
View attachment 110170
View attachment 110171
View attachment 110172
Great to see that they continue to update 401 and not work on the Alpha.

Great News! Our grandchildren will be so pleased to hear this!
I think you forgot a "great" in there. ;)

Milos Grkovic

Milos Grkovic

Another monthly update from the Patreon

~THG June 2022 Update~

FROM THE TEAM - First a housekeeping note: all Patreon posts released for Patrons (thanks!) are unlocked and viewable for all to see after a month. So make sure to check out April and May's posts! (there is an exception with some old TU stuff that doesn't need to be seen :p )
♫♫ You caught it on Facebook first, but our favorite composer who did the music for the past demos, Anthony Casalena, has finished the THG Main theme! He's been patiently waiting in the wings while we got our stuff together, so we are grateful for him to share it after the long wait. Check out his theme; if you look around, you might find more!
FROM JAMES - Hello from Copenhagen! Today is sadly my last day in Europe on this cruise contract. It's back to sailing out of Florida for another month. But on the positive side, I will be back in the states in a few weeks, which will make communicating with the rest of the team much easier. I hope everyone enjoys my little video series about crossing to Southampton. The final episode went up on the 17th! It was a blast to put together, and I appreciate all the lovely comments. And, of course, I am still writing the voice-over for PROJECT 401 and will likely be doing so for a while. I want there to be V.O. for every "space" or "room," and currently, Demo 401 has 80 or so. PROJECT 401 should have over 100. So I have a lot to write!
FROM DEREK - I will continue to work on updating the lighting and optimization of existing Demo 401 spaces. Exterior spaces are now complete, and I am now continuing work on first class spaces. Expect to see more "Derek updates" here on Patreon. I can't wait for all of you to try this; I think you'll like it!
FROM KYLE - My work on finishing the Demo 401 Crew Update models had been very slow going lately, largely due to personal reasons. Still, I'm happy to say that those spaces are now all finished! There's even one more little surprise you'll find, which I won't be revealing outside of Patrons yet.
On Saturday I sent Derek the first of the new spaces, mainly Boiler Rooms and related. As I do final checks on the models, the rest will be sent by next Saturday (June 25th) at the latest. I may even finish one other task I need to do by then, which could mean that my work with 401 will be entirely done by then.
At any rate, July will mean Alpha time for me, specifically the start of the blockout we've been talking about. When the time comes for the next monthly update, I'll have more to say, but you'll probably see tidbits of the process from the start. I can't wait to finally be working full-tilt on the Alpha and sharing those little updates.
FROM MATT - Just a minor update from me. While awaiting the epic blockout to begin on the hull (which will allow me to adjust some rooms within the ship) I took the time to make sure the Officers' Quarters on the Boat Deck were up-to-snuff. I changed some rooms to ensure they matched the THG plans, and even added detail to the wheelhouse walls so they are 3D and not a texture. The researchers and I will be forever "discussing" the wheelhouse layout.

I also want to make a TU video about the myth surrounding Titanic's gates. I found myself caught up in several Facebook threads about it, and I figured a video would be good. If I do it, expect it in July as I have just traveled back home to babysit my family dog for the summer (long story.)