News Titanic: How Historically Accurate Was The 1997 Movie Starring Leonardo DiCaprio - CinemaBlend

Connor Pusey

Oct 11, 2019
United States
The movie completely omits the well-known port list. Exaggerates the final plunge. And it sensationalizes the RMS Titanic through [unlikely] character conversations/dialogue and elevates it to something it wasn’t. But the music and cinematography is spectacular.

WentHulk

Apr 18, 2017
The film was quite accurate. Not 100% accurate but definately fairly accurate, especially with regards to the interior of the ship as well as other things.

May 3, 2005
Connor, i think you may greatly enjoy this highly detailed examination of the '97 films accuracy.

Just a nitpick on the " Goofs......"
Any movie is rife for nitpicks, errors, etc.
There used to be a website of that nature.
"Titanic" (1997) led the list in number of them.
I don't see why "Fabriozi's appearance ....not American".....maybe not Scandinavian ?
He could have said he'd been visiting relatives in Italy ?
In actuality it never would have been possible for Jack to meet Rose in the first place.
Alnd finally also , one of my big "IMHO's" Kathy Bates was a much better Mrs.Brown than Tucker. Maguire. LOL

Julian Atkins

Sep 23, 2017
South Wales UK
Of more serious concern is that Paul Lee's website now has a warning it may not be available for much longer.

I often make reference to Paul's website article

I would be a great shame if this body of research were to disappear into the Ether and no longer available, as none of it is in Paul's published book, and much of it is invaluable to researchers.

Cheers,
Julian

Nov 14, 2005
Of more serious concern is that Paul Lee's website now has a warning it may not be available for much longer.

I often make reference to Paul's website article

I would be a great shame if this body of research were to disappear into the Ether and no longer available, as none of it is in Paul's published book, and much of it is invaluable to researchers.

Cheers,
Julian
Thats too bad as he has done some really good work on Titanic. I saw on his website that he graciously put up a tab encouraging people to dowload any info they want in case it goes down. I liked the article "Who really found the Titanic" on his site that I read awhile back.

WentHulk

Apr 18, 2017
Are you guys going to do something about that?

Also I'm a little skeptical of some of the things that that site is claiming about Ballard. I would like to see more evidence.

Last edited: