Titanic in Movies & Television

Sep 26, 2009
Perhaps the board has been directed to this website before, but I found it a treasure trove of Titanic movies and television shows.

http://www.jimusnr.com/index.html

I was fascinated by three things: First, there was a second movie after the 1953 Fox "Titanic" that used the sets and model footage. We knew that Fox used the sets and altered the model for "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" but the sets and model footage were also used in "Dangerous Crossing" with Michael Rennie (off-screen narrator of the narration in "Titanic" and Captain Smith in "Time Tunnel"). Check the side-by-side comparisons of frame captures. Second, there is a side-by-side comparison of frame captures from "A Night to Remember" and "S.O.S. Titanic" showing the black and white model footage from "Remember" was apparantly colorized for "S.O.S.". Third, there are many rare color frames from the sinking scenes from "Raise the Titanic" that were used (in b&w) in the "Voyagers" television show. Check out the behind-the-scenes stills from the 1953 "Titanic" showing process photography, and other special effects, including many photos of the model sinking that I had never seen before. Robert H. Gibbons