Titanic inquiry

Apr 20, 2010
Not very happy i got my first titanic book and it was on titanic inquiries. Just to find out book doesnt only not have everyones testimonies the testimonies arent even complete no wonder it was so cheap.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Sounds like you got the abridged version which has been out there for quite some time. I got my hard copy of the U.S. Senate Inquiry from the Congressional Research Service. I doubt any of the bound copies are available now though that may change next year.

My hard copy of the Mersey Wreck Commission Inquiry came by way of copies from the then Public Records Office being sold on Amazon. They're useful, but they're not cheap! You may find http://www.titanicinquiry.org/ to be useful in the meantime. I've had this website bookmarked for years.

Apr 20, 2010
lol thanks that what i had been using before i got book. and dont have alot of money so ill have to still depend on site

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
The abridged edition you're speaking to has the virtue of being reasonably small and portable. The bound books for both inquiries are honking huge and not the sort of thing you can stick in the side pocket of a rucksack or purse.

The downside of the abridged version is it only covers a limited range from one of the investigations.

Walter Flynn

Dec 23, 2010
Why buy a book that tells only 1/2 the deal? Just print the on line stuff and make your own unabridged book.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Why buy a book that tells only 1/2 the deal? Just print the on line stuff and make your own unabridged book.<<

The only problem with that is that you're talking about printing out a few thousand pages of testimony, depositions, affidavits, and appendices. You might get off cheaper buying the books if you can find them.

The only downside to the books is that they are faithfully reprinted right down to the printers and transcription errors.

Apr 20, 2010
Honestly why print when you have the site lol. But would be nice to have it to make notes on since im fairly new to the titanic field considering how long some of you guys have been at it.