Titanic International SocietyFreehold NJ

Mike Poirier

Mike Poirier

Kent and Parks-
Congratulations on two excellent articles. I finally finished reading Voyage and I was most impressed with the depth of information that the two of you put forth. Certainly, I learned many new things which is a wonderful thing. Thanks for sharing all that new material and am looking forward to your new articles.
Mike

Shelley Dziedzic

Shelley Dziedzic

Voyage 60 should be arriving in mailboxes this week with renewal forms for the coming year. There is a typo on the renewal rates. They should be as follows:

$45.00 US Members - 1 year
$85.00 US Members - 2 years

$50.00 Canadian and overseas - 1 year - payable in US funds, international money order, or PayPal
$95.00 Canadian and overseas - 2 years - payable in US funds, international money order, or PayPal

Paypal is a new feature and should be operable in the next 48 hours.

Mike Poirier

Mike Poirier

I am pleased to announce that the Titanic International Society has now set up paypal to make it easier for new members and renewing members to send in payment for membership. We now offer one year and two year plans. The two year plan offers a slight discount.

This has been exciting time for TIS. Acquiring unique items for the archive such as the Boxhall-Carvalho letters, the McDonnell-Morro Castle files; revamping the journal for color photos, glossy pages and cover; and keeping current on the latest in Titanic/Ship research such as an interview with a survivor of the recent Sea Diamond sinking, a 2 issue 90th anniversary tribute to the Britannic which includes an interview with Britannic owner Simon Mills, and lengthy passenger biographies like the troubled Dr. Henry Frauenthal.

You can access the TIS official site at
www.titanicinternationalsociety.org

[Moderator's Note: This message, originally posted as a new thraed, has been moved to this pre-existing thread where the same subject has been discussed. MAB]

Mike Poirier

Mike Poirier

Hi Brian

I am very glad to hear it. We're happy to have you 'sail' with us!

Mike

Michael H. Standart

Michael H. Standart

Since my renewal material appears to have disappeared on me, I may have to make use of this. Thanks for the heads up.

Mike Poirier

Mike Poirier

Hi Mike-
Yes, so many people have made use of it already. I am in shock really. It has been a great draw for new members, especially overseas.
Mike

Michael H. Standart

Michael H. Standart

Fortunately, I've found the paperwork, but still it's good to know that the Paypal is there if I need it. Hopefully, it'll go a long way towards boosting membership.

Shelley Dziedzic

Shelley Dziedzic

Titanic International Society has just launched a new blog, which posts about daily on links, events and news of interest. The blog is accessible here
http://titanicinternational.wordpress.com/
or from a nav button on the main website,

http://www.titanicinternationalsociety.org .

The blog will offer some photo albums and slideshows which are not possible to feature on the website. News items and information are always welcome from the community and may be sent to the society contact link.

Mike Poirier

Mike Poirier

Hi Shelley
What a unique way to keep Titanic and ocean liner enthusiasts abreast of what is going on in the community and TIS. Great job!
Mike

Michael H. Standart

Michael H. Standart

Looks interesting. I've already added it to my bookmarks.

Shelley Dziedzic

Shelley Dziedzic

Voyage 61 is at the printers. The cover photo and description of articles may be found at the society's web log. (link below). Paypal is now offered for payment and postage for memberships and individual issues. which will be a help to overseas friends.
http://titanicinternational.wordpress.com/

Michael H. Standart

Michael H. Standart

Looks like there's going to be some really good stuff in this issue. Jack Eaton's article about passengers who canceled out for example to say nothing of the Morro Castle article by Jim Kalafus. If you enjoy intrigue on a Medieval scale, that one should be your cuppa tea! The Morro Castle was a veritable focal point for that.