Titanic: Into the Heart of the Wreck

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
Hey Y'all!
There's a new Titqanic documentary! Titanic: into the Heart of the Wreck!
Watch it HERE------> History is alive

Description:

"For the last 35 years, they have been exploring the most mythical wreck in the world, but now 108 years after it sank, the Titanic is under threat. Resting at over 12,500 feet below sea level and 380 nautical miles off the coast of Newfoundland, in pitch darkness, the most famous shipwreck in the world is being consumed by a colony of iron-eating bacteria. This slow and irreversible decay, according to the most concerned experts, will sweep away all the secrets of the mythic liner within a few decades.

With a new approach, this documentary relates the underwater odyssey of the greatest Titanic expeditions and the evolution of the most scrutinized shipwreck in the world. From the epic discovery of the wreck by a French-American team in 1985 (after some twenty failed attempts) to the exploratory missions led by James Cameron, who managed to light the wreck scene like a Hollywood film set and venture inside the ship thanks to remotecontrolled robots, and to the treasure hunts that brought back over 5,000 vestiges—we’ll be able to experience the unequaled thrill of these extreme dives.

For the first time ever, five heroes of Titanic exploration will invite us to relive their fabulous adventures and missions aiming to preserve the last remains of the Titanic: James Cameron (film director and explorer), Lori Johnston (biologist studying the bacterial attack on the Titanic), Anatoly Sagalevich (engineer, submersible designer), Paul-Henry Nargeolet (expeditions director who led 7 Titanic missions) and Jean-Louis Michel (co-discoverer of the wreck for IFREMER)."

Official description

I can't watch it due to not having a history channel subscription (being 15 and all) so y'all will have to tell whats your review of it

Edit: I am watching now, a friend came through!

Reactions: 1 user

Dave Gittins

Mar 16, 2000
You can't get into this show unless you subscribe to one of the dozens of online TV services.

I doubt if it adds much. For instance, the damage caused by bacteria was raised years ago.

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
You can't get into this show unless you subscribe to one of the dozens of online TV services.

I doubt if it adds much. For instance, the damage caused by bacteria was raised years ago.
good point
I watched it, thanks to a friend

It basically went over the history of titanic, the discovery, the expeditions after Ballard, the raising of the big piece, James Cameron's expeditions, and the 2010 expedition. Then, they discuss whats next.

JC said he gives her 300+ years, before she's nothing
I say I think after 2070, the hull will begin to break apart

Nov 14, 2005
I recorded it to watch later. Have to do that now with the History channel as the commercials have gotten so bad like so many other channels lately. But I had it running in the back ground and didn't hear anything really new other than Cameron said one of the reasons he made his movie was it allowed him to dive Titanic and he has been to the wreck over 30 times. Didn't know he made that many trips to her.

Nov 14, 2005
Hey Y'all!

Description:

"For the last 35 years, they have been exploring the most mythical wreck in the world, but now 108 years after it sank, the Titanic is under threat. Resting at over 12,500 feet below sea level and 380 nautical miles off the coast of Newfoundland, in pitch darkness, the most famous shipwreck in the world is being consumed by a colony of iron-eating bacteria. This slow and irreversible decay, according to the most concerned experts, will sweep away all the secrets of the mythic liner within a few decades.

With a new approach, this documentary relates the underwater odyssey of the greatest Titanic expeditions and the evolution of the most scrutinized shipwreck in the world. From the epic discovery of the wreck by a French-American team in 1985 (after some twenty failed attempts) to the exploratory missions led by James Cameron, who managed to light the wreck scene like a Hollywood film set and venture inside the ship thanks to remotecontrolled robots, and to the treasure hunts that brought back over 5,000 vestiges—we’ll be able to experience the unequaled thrill of these extreme dives.

For the first time ever, five heroes of Titanic exploration will invite us to relive their fabulous adventures and missions aiming to preserve the last remains of the Titanic: James Cameron (film director and explorer), Lori Johnston (biologist studying the bacterial attack on the Titanic), Anatoly Sagalevich (engineer, submersible designer), Paul-Henry Nargeolet (expeditions director who led 7 Titanic missions) and Jean-Louis Michel (co-discoverer of the wreck for IFREMER)."

Official description

I can't watch it due to not having a history channel subscription (being 15 and all) so y'all will have to tell whats your review of it

Bootlegger...LOL.

• Haha

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
I recorded it to watch later. Have to do that now with the History channel as the commercials have gotten so bad like so many other channels lately. But I had it running in the back ground and didn't hear anything really new other than Cameron said one of the reasons he made his movie was it allowed him to dive Titanic and he has been to the wreck over 30 times. Didn't know he made that many trips to her.
I was watching "Titanic" on the Paramount network, and the commercials were like, 5-7 minutes long.
How long do the History commercials last?
James Cameron is amazing :)
Tell me your thoughts when you watch!

Nov 14, 2005
I was watching "Titanic" on the Paramount network, and the commercials were like, 5-7 minutes long.
How long do the History commercials last?
James Cameron is amazing :)
Tell me your thoughts when you watch!
Roughly the same...5 mins of show...5-7 mins of commercials. As soon as my contract runs out I'm canceling Satellite. The documentary on U.S. Grant was so bad because of the commercials it was almost unwatchable. Besides if your willing to wait you can find them all on other platforms eventually uploaded without all the junk. As for James Cameron I've read that he is not the easiest person to work with. But he has done some cool stuff that most of us couldn't afford. One of only 3 people to ever make it to the deepest part of the ocean..less than the number of people who walked on the moon. So got to give him credit for his adventures. Cheers.

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
Roughly the same...5 mins of show...5-7 mins of commercials. As soon as my contract runs out I'm canceling Satellite. The documentary on U.S. Grant was so bad because of the commercials it was almost unwatchable. Besides if your willing to wait you can find them all on other platforms eventually uploaded without all the junk. As for James Cameron I've read that he is not the easiest person to work with. But he has done some cool stuff that most of us couldn't afford. One of only 3 people to ever make it to the deepest part of the ocean..less than the number of people who walked on the moon. So got to give him credit for his adventures. Cheers.
Shoot, those are long commercials. I recommend getting an Amazon Firestick. You'll never go back to satellite. You can watch YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, ID, Animal Planet, Disney+, and 1000s of more apps for free. (Some you have to pay for, but most downloads are free!)

Anyhow, James Cameron is awesome, yeah. But I heard that if you push him too much, he gets irritated.

Nov 14, 2005
Shoot, those are long commercials. I recommend getting an Amazon Firestick. You'll never go back to satellite. You can watch YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, ID, Animal Planet, Disney+, and 1000s of more apps for free. (Some you have to pay for, but most downloads are free!)

Anyhow, James Cameron is awesome, yeah. But I heard that if you push him too much, he gets irritated.
Yes...too long. I got a ROKU stick...pretty much the same as all the other streaming sticks out there. To be honest I've been using the aerial more and more...mostly because I like the older shows. I canceled Amazon awhile back. Got tired of the false advertising they do on OEM parts. But going off topic. Yes I've read Cameron could be a bear to work with. But I've worked with lots of people like that. Once you realize its just there style and not personal it all works out. No matter what he has made some good movies minus the blue smerf people.

JJAstorII

Mar 14, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Hey Cam,

You didn't miss much. Always enjoyable to watch a new doc so thank you so much for posting. It was mostly clips of past expeditions (stuff we've seen not behind the scene stuff) and then the discussion of her present decay. Mostly I was surprised that they said she isn't deteriorating as quickly as we thought. Idk, personally I think any weaknesses will bring further and further vulnerabilities to collapse but...I digress.

Hey Y'all!

Description:

Official description

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
Hey Cam,

You didn't miss much. Always enjoyable to watch a new doc so thank you so much for posting. It was mostly clips of past expeditions (stuff we've seen not behind the scene stuff) and then the discussion of her present decay. Mostly I was surprised that they said she isn't deteriorating as quickly as we thought. Idk, personally I think any weaknesses will bring further and further vulnerabilities to collapse but...I digress.
Luckily I was able to watch it, thank you John. I enjoyed it, it had very good shots, I screenshotted a lot lol!

JJAstorII

Mar 14, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Luckily I was able to watch it, thank you John. I enjoyed it, it had very good shots, I screenshotted a lot lol!
Have you ever watched this one? it's not a doc, but rather a compellation of the ROV footage. You seem like myself where I can easily sit through hours of footage screenshotting things. You mentioned that previously and it made me think of this. I've gotten many awesome pics from it for my personal collection:

*This is a public link on Youtube *

Nov 14, 2005

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
what an interesting article. Besides the name calling "Kate Weighs a Lot" I didn't see how he would frighten her. How did she get the bruises? or did I somehow skip over that?

There's nothing wrong with a heavy woman, in my opinion!

Nov 14, 2005
He was probably under a lot of stress because according to him he had everything on the line when making the movie. Money, reputation, future projects..ect. Maybe he was just a grump under pressure. But in the end the payoff was big for the both of them so....

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
Have you ever watched this one? it's not a doc, but rather a compellation of the ROV footage. You seem like myself where I can easily sit through hours of footage screenshotting things. You mentioned that previously and it made me think of this. I've gotten many awesome pics from it for my personal collection:

*This is a public link on Youtube *
I have, thank you! I found his collection of 87-98 footage. Added that to my files as well. :)

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
He was probably under a lot of stress because according to him he had everything on the line when making the movie. Money, reputation, future projects..ect. Maybe he was just a grump under pressure. But in the end the payoff was big for the both of them so....
Makes sense to me. In “A diary of a Titanic background actress” (good book by the way!) the woman, Judy Preston, explained that Mr. Cameron is a very nice man, but isn’t immune to pressure, as you said.

Nov 14, 2005
Makes sense to me. In “A diary of a Titanic background actress” (good book by the way!) the woman, Judy Preston, explained that Mr. Cameron is a very nice man, but isn’t immune to pressure, as you said.
I haven't heard Judy's name in a long time. She used to chat on another message board a long time ago. 20 or so years ago. That site is long gone. She was nice person. I think she was an extra in the 3rd class party scene if I remember right. There were some board members here that used to go to that site and knew her too but they haven't posted here in years.

Edited by me...I had to come back and edit this as I guess I got my Judy's mixed up. When I saw the name Judy and diary along with being an extra on Titanic I guess I remembered wrong. The Judy I was talking was named Judy Prestininzi not Preston. Unless she changed her name since then. Senior moment...:oops:

Last edited:

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
I haven't heard Judy's name in a long time. She used to chat on another message board a long time ago. 20 or so years ago. That site is long gone. She was nice person. I think she was an extra in the 3rd class party scene if I remember right. There were some board members here that used to go to that site and knew her too but they haven't posted here in years.

Edited by me...I had to come back and edit this as I guess I got my Judy's mixed up. When I saw the name Judy and diary along with being an extra on Titanic I guess I remembered wrong. The Judy I was talking was named Judy Prestininzi not Preston. Unless she changed her name since then. Senior moment...:oops:

Nononono, you were right Steven! My bad :)
Yes she is a very nice woman. She played Molly Brown in GOTA, and yeah she was in extra in the Third Class open space scene. I think she was an extra in the scene where they're running up and down the deck, during when they try to ready Collapsible A, but I could be wrong.

I'm in the Titanic book club on facebook, got to meet her in one of their meetings. She was VERY nice

Last edited: