Titanic Lifeboat Manifest by Kyrila Scully

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Just wanted to let you know that the second edition of Titanic: The Survivors--A Manifest of the Lifeboats, which I published years ago, has been slightly updated with new photographs and a new look---as well as a new title. I hope you'll spread the word and purchase a copy. Let me know what you think of it---there's always room for improvement as research is ongoing, so please feel free to make suggestions (and supply sources, please!) for the third edition.

Reactions: 1 user

B-rad

Jul 1, 2015
Tacoma, WA
Awesome! I have tried to do this once myself (for personal reference, never to publish mind you) but found the task daunting. Glad someone finally did it. Thanks :) !!! I'm getting a copy!

Arun Vajpey

Apr 21, 2009
My book arrived yesterday. The first impressions are very positive and it looks well put together and very informative.

Arun Vajpey

Apr 21, 2009
Very interesting book, but I have a question to Ms Scully. You have said that the launch time of Collapsible C was at 1:40am. I know that was the original belief and I used to think the same but in works by most modern researchers like Mr Halpern, Mr Fitch, Mr Layton, Mr Wormstedt etc point out that it was actually launched between 1:55am and 2:00am and provide substantial evidence on their books. I am thinking on those lines too now.

One issue with the launch time of 1:40am would be that it then suggests that Collapsible C on the Starboard side was launched before Lifeboat #4 on the Port side. That would mean that William Carter Sr got off the sinking ship before his wife and children, albeit unknowingly.

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
The manuscript was originally written back in 2001/2002. There is room for revision as research is ongoing---but this is only a stepping stone, not carved in stone. There will be a revision as I get time to work on it---I promise!

We do know that William Carter, Sr. was picked up by Carpathia before his wife and children, and greeted his wife with a humorous comment that embarrassed her and drove her to divorce him. Lots of interesting anecdotes didn't make the first cut.