Titanic Memorial Cruise April 15 2012

Jerry Nuovo

Jan 22, 2010
New Jersey,USA
After reading the posts of Jon Hollis,John Creamer and John Clifford's suggestion of what to do if you are ripped-off by this company offering this alleged cruise that probably in my honest opinion won't happen and according to Paul Lee's post of Dec.14,2005 "over 600 people have signed for the voyage" well if I am correct in my prediction that this Titanic Memorial Cruise in 2012 is canceled I hope that these over 600 people won't get too disappointed.I have come up with an alternative idea to this 2012 alleged cruise and the only negative thing about this idea is that it is in 2008 instead of 2012 and here is this idea.On April 12,2008 the Queen Elizabeth 2 will sail from New York to Southampton,arriving in Southampton on April 18,2008.According to the Cunard website EBS fares are from $1,199 and here is the link to the webpage www.cunard.com/CruiseItinerary_tab.asp?cruiseid=2942&LeftNav=Planner&Active=&Sub=OB=&Region= .As I have said before let's face reality this 2012 Titanic memorial is probably not happening because in my opinion this is not a reputable company.Just a month ago I sent an e-mail to the World Ship Society,Port of New York branch suggesting a Titanic memorial crossing aboard the QE2 on April 12,2008 and they did send me a response saying that they received my e-mail and that it will be brought up and discussed at the next meeting and that they will get back to me on this idea and I am a member of the World Ship Society,Port of New York branch.Even though this QE2 voyage of 4/12-18/2008 is not on the 100th anniversary,it would be the 96th,what difference would it make if it is the 96th Anniversary or 100th Anniversary and the QE2 would be sailing the North Atlantic between New York and Southampton at the time of the 96th Anniversary which is still almost 100 years though I really can't say how close to the Titanic wreck site the QE2 will be able to sail to.April 12,2008 is still over 16 months from now so there is plenty of time to plan for this.I am already booked for this QE2 crossing on April 12,2008.Anyone else reading this do you have any other ideas or an opinion on my idea?

Feb 14, 2011
I'm confused, several people I have spoken with told me this 2012 cruise will be on the QM2-others suggested Cunard was never even approached regarding the 2012 memorial cruise.......

Could someone please spell out what's the definative truth about this cruise?

Could someone seperate the facts from the speculation?

If its legit, Id love to go, but if Im going to pay thousands of dollars- and in the end get nothing- I WILL go postal on someone....
I need to be assured this thing is real...

I just hope the person coordianting the venture can put to rest any doubts and assure people in titanicdom this cruise is a GO....

If its a situation where its a *hope* a ship will be found and booked by 2012- rather than a situation where one is already reserved for 2012- Id be very uneasy-
I for one hope this trek is real, and just hope the powers that be that are behind the 2012 Titanic memorial cruise will post here and articulate what the cruise is about0- if it will indeed be on Qm2, or if no ship is booked to date..
I am not casting doubts about the legitimacy of this venture- just i have heard many inconsistant things, and would like to see the record set straight..
One friend suggested 2012 is a long way off, so its impractical to think a ship would be reserved at this point- I don't know, is that really an impractical expectation? If no vessel is booked, where does the money go in the interem?

What would probrolly be most practical is to do what RMSTI did 10 years ago- they chartered 2 smaller and older liners to go to the Titanic site and watch the 1st attempt to raise the Big Piece....
Why not do somthing similar in 2012- charter a couple smaller and older vesslers to retrace titanic's path,. that way every passenger would be there for Titanic...
I hope this 2012 cruise is real, becuse I would love to be at the site on the 100th anniversay of the sinking..
many thanks

Tarn Stephanos

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Could someone please spell out what's the definative truth about this cruise?

Could someone seperate the facts from the speculation? <<

I think that's what some parties are trying to do. At the moment, there doesn't appear to be much out there. This whole thing may or may not be legit, but let's be very careful about what's said about it here. Anyone who posts something disparaging could very well be risking a libel suit if it turns out the enterprise is on the up and up!

Check things out by all means, but tread lightly please.

Jerry Nuovo

Jan 22, 2010
New Jersey,USA
It is really funny.A week ago on November 29th when I last wrote my last post on this topic,I went to the titanic voyages website and all I got was a statement saying like this webpage is not available and just now I went back to the titanic voyages website and now it working perfectly.I just wonder why the website was not working last week and now it is because last week when I attempted to get onto the website and all I got was the statement saying this webpage is not available made me think then a week ago that this titanic voyages venture is bogus and who knows it may still be.Anyway today when I got onto the website and I saw the fares that they are asking for this alleged cruise or crossing and to be honest I think they are an outrage.For example a Grade A cabin for $5,100 U.S.Dollars up to a Grade E Balcony suite for $7,900 U.S.Dollars.Also that all single rooms have been reserved but we are happy to put you on our waiting list.As to which ship will be chartered for this cruise/crossing well the ship will be announced in 2009.Funny that they say that all single cabins are sold out and yet they still don't know which ship they will use.Since they are claiming single cabins will be aboard this ship,that claim would exclude the Queen Mary 2 since she does not have any single cabins though the Queen Elizabeth 2 does have single cabins so the Queen Elizabeth 2 may be one of the ships under consideration if this Titanic Memorial Cruise does happen in 2012.Next July I will be doing a roundtrip transatlantic crossing aboard the Queen Mary 2 for about $4800 which is still about $300 cheaper than the $5100 one-way Southampton to New York crossing aboard an unknown ship in April,2012 and even the April 12,2008 transatlantic crossing from New York to Southampton aboard the Queen Elizabeth 2 will only cost me about $1,500 and the April 22,2008 Southampton to New York transatlantic crossing aboard the Queen Mary 2 will cost me $2,190.Both these roundtrip transatlantic crossings are still cheaper than the one-way April,2012 transatlantic crossing aboard a mystery ship.And then they have the nerve to ask for a $400 deposit for an unknown ship.Sorry but I don't think I am interested in putting down $400 for an unknown ship for a voyage that is still over 5 years from now.I will commemorate the Titanic tragedy on my own when I do a roundtrip transatlantic crossing aboard the Queen Mary 2 in 2012 and also the transatlantic crossings aboard the Queen Mary 2 and Queen Elizabeth 2 in 2007 and 2008.

Feb 14, 2011
I hope this cruise is real, I really d0- I'm just trying to determine what will, and will not be on the cruise....
Is it set in stone?/

regards

Tarn

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Is it set in stone?/<<

If that credit report in the link is any indication, I wouldn't bet my lunch money on it. That "Legal Status: Striking off notice" is the sort of thing which...so I'm given to understand...indicates that the company is being dissolved.

As a cautionary note, I could be reading it wrong...dead wrong...so let's not jump to any conclusions until we get something official.

Feb 14, 2011
Damn....This just raises even more questions....
I'd really like to be at the site in 2012-

This cruise sounds like a great trek- but now I dont know if I should gamble and pay, or save my pennies for something more secure...
I HOPE it happens, and I wish the coordiantors success in making it happen- but without the element of certainty, this venture sounds like a big gamble.....I hope my concerns are unfounded, I hope the cruise is a definate...
regards

Tarn Stephanos

Feb 14, 2011
The plot thickens.......

Methinks this is too risky a gamble to shell out the big bucks...
Ill wait a few years and see what happens..

regards

Tarn Stephanos

Jerry Nuovo

Jan 22, 2010
New Jersey,USA
Tarn, maybe you'll be better off saving your pennies for a transatlantic crossing aboard the QM2 in 2012 or how about joining me aboard the QE2 on April 12,2008 for a transatlantic crossing.Both Cunard Queens may be able to sail close to the Titanic wrecksite and the good thing about the April 12,2008 transatlantic crossing of the QE2 is that voyage is at the time of the 96th Anniversary of the Titanic tragedy.So Tarn what do you think of my idea and anyone else reading this would you be interested in coming aboard also?

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>The plot thickens....... <<

Maybe, but be very, very, very careful what you read into anything. Especially if it's on a blog that anybody can post to. We have a lot of questions and some suppositions, and it's never a bad idea to check things out for yourself, but if anybody wants to make any accusations, be sure you have solid facts to back them up, otherwise, you can be leaving yourself wide open for a trip to the legal hurt locker. This forum can be accessed by anyone and if anybody posts something libelous, all that the company's attorneys have to do is print out the post for evidence.

In light of that, I think it would be wise to let this go for now. If anybody has cause to persue this, it would be best to do it off list and take it up with the proper authorities.

Feb 14, 2011
Hi Michael
I was just asking questions here about this cruise, just to find out details- - I wanted to go on this cruise if it will indeed be at the site in 2012, it's just i can't seem to find any consistant information about it,as there is much conflicting information out there..
Such a trek to the wrecksite would be very special indeed...
But I understand your point Michael, there is many a trigger happy lawyer out there who would love to take any critisim, even out of context, need be, and use such to silence critics...
But it is unfortunate though- I'd hope with civility we would could still explore this topic, and not be silenced by fear..I don't think anyone on this thread has been slanderous . But I do understand your concerns, and will lay off this thread...
I will likly be spending my pennies on Deep Ocean expedition in 2012, so even if this cruise 2012 is a go, i wont be there..ill be diving the actual wreck, if all goes well..
But if the powers that be putting the 2012 Titanic cruise together are earnest in thier endeavor to retrace titanic's path, then I hope they succeed, and I hope the trip in 2012 will be truly magical...
regards

Tarn Stephanos

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>I'd hope with civility we would could still explore this topic, and not be silenced by fear<<

Welcome to the Wonderful World of "Let's sue 'em."

>>I don't think anyone on this thread has been slanderous .<<

Nor do I but better safe then sorry. The questions here are legion, but solid facts are notably hard to come by.

Jerry Nuovo

Jan 22, 2010
New Jersey,USA
Tarn,It is not to early to book the QE2's transatlantic crossing on April 12,2008 as I have already done so.I also wrote an e-mail to the World Ship Society,Port of New York Branch an organization I am a member of,suggesting to do a Titanic Memorial Crossing aboard the QE2 on the QE2's April 12,2008 transatlantic crossing.They sent me back an e-mail saying that they will discuss my idea and they will get back to me on this idea.I suggested to have maritime historians aboard,probably even show some the classic Titanic films in the QE2'S movie theater such as A Night to Remember and Cameron's Titanic and also have an ocean liner bazaar which is the selling of ocean liner memorabilia.This QE2 crossing is costing me only $1,500 which is cheaper than it normally is

Mike Cowlard

Dec 9, 2006
Re: Mr Prior posting

I have spoken to Creditgate and they confirm that the data on Titanic Voyages was incorrect … as of 15:43 GMT this was corrected. Please check

https://secure.creditgate.com/search/search.aspx?AP=O&CompanyID=05065701&CompanyType=L&BS=1&BT=Full%20Data

“Mike

Further to our telephone conversation, please be advised that the legal status of Titanic Voyages Ltd wil be updated on our site today. The status of "striking off notice" was an error caused by Equifax.

Please accept our apologies for this error.

Kind regards”￾

Mike Cowlard

Dec 9, 2006
RE: Mr Hollis posting 28th Nov 2006

I have emailed Mr Hollis, on a number of occasions to substantiate his defamatory posting or post a retraction … as of this morning I have had no reply (save for an inadequate apology with no retraction nor substantiation) and there has been no post.

I have also asked the ET moderator to contact Mr Hollis … also no reply.

Part of the posting mentioned Millvina Dean and this is my reply which was in my original email to Mr Hollis “As for Millvina Dean I think to involve her in your posting is deplorable but for the record I did set up Millvina's website as a demo to show her and took it down again immediately when she asked and DID NOT take any monetary orders for her book or any trips”￾

Mr Hollis please contact me. To confirm my contact address is admin@titanicvoyages.com