Titanic modeling web site

David DeMarco

Apr 14, 2002
Boston, MA. U.S.A.
Does anyone know what happened to the Titanic modeling web sight? It was very informative and active and just disappeared a week ago. I am concerned, since I am in the process of bulding a 1:350th model of her. Any news would be great, thank you all so much.
happy.gif

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
David, all I know is that it went down and that the TRMA people are working on getting it back up. This isn't the first time they've had problems either. I received and e-mail from Robert Hahn indicating that Sean Winterberg is working on it. Just check back every day. I do.

I only hope they didn't lose some of the small but fantastic collection of articles that make up the site, to say nothing of everything else they have. It's truly an incredible resource.

Rob Ottmers

Feb 8, 2001
Another thing you folks might try, (sadly I cannot remember the person who originally posted this, or where - so apologies for not giving credit where it's surely due) but until the site is back up, if you need to access it, why not try the Internet Archive site... The URL for the TRMA page is:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://titanic-model.com

Try it out... (NOTE: The above URL should be one comeplete URL, not two separate).

Ciao!

S

Scott R. Andrews

David, Michael and Rob,

After what has seemed like an eternity, the TRMA site is back on line with a new host. Thanks to Sean Winterberg for all of his hard work in rebuilding the site and migrating everything to the new server. Work on the Olympic forum is still in progress, but Sean says that this will be back soon, as well.

Regards,

Scott Andrews

K

Kelly Beth Vogelsong

Wow! I had never been to that site before! Amazing - thanx for the URL.

L8r~

KB

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Bob, come on down to West Palm Beach and you and I can go to the Model Shipbuilders meeting where David G. Brown is speaking on Wednesday!

Kyrila

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Reminds me of the super model ships I built as a kid - badly assembled from plastic components, totally unrealistic in profile and finished off with a really crude paint job. You can't beat the real thing!

Bob

S

Scott R. Andrews

Well, after another prolonged period of web site difficulties, the TRMA site's forums are back again, albeit with some significant changes. The old board script has been been replaced by something more up-to-date, which will hopefully put an end to the frequent meltdowns which have occurred over the past several months.

Regards,

Scott Andrews