Titanic Movie 1996

• Thread starter Laura Melinda Varjo
  • Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Laura Melinda Varjo

Hey everyone. Oh my gosh, yesterday I saw a cool movie about the Titanic. My brother called me and said Laura Titanic's on, I'm so not lying. So yeah it started at 8 pm and ended at 12. The movie was so cool! It was the 1996 version, right before Cameron's 1997. Did anyone see it ? There was this guy Mr. Dickey(SO cute, cuter than Leo 10000 times) who liked this girl I dunno her name, and Mr. Dickey met up with this guy dunno his name either, but he played in Home Alone-he was one of the hotel dudes. So yeah, these two guys always wanted to steal jewelry and such. And, the BEST part was when they portrayed the Allisons. Oh my gosh, little Loraine was so cute, and Trevor too! Ok, this is for real, but in the movie Nurse Alice Cleaver had a dream about the ship sinking and seeing a little girl(Loraine) dead in the water. Well, my question is: Did Alice really dream that in real life ? A really sad part was when little Loraine asked her mommy 'are we going to drown?' Aw-aw little Loraine! Plus, this dude Mr. Dickey was so courteous! He went back to that 3rd class girl and freed her-he asked the gates to be opened. Then, he told the crew to let the women and children through-and there were 4 little children locked behind-all of them were so adorable and sad-looking,looked like little pigs with cheeks so rosy and pink and big eyes staring sadly over the gates with curly red hair. I was like-aw-aw! Later on, that family was saying their prayers up on deck,(Dear God, Who Art in Heaven, Hallowed be Your Name, Thy Kingdom Come...) near the end. They all drowned. Reminded me of the Rices. Then, when the Allisons were on deck, little Loraine remarked how beautiful the lights were-the rockets-how bright, how sad! Oh, and about the collison-how dumb can you be-to try to make the ship turn right in front of the iceberg! I would have stopped the engines completely, and of course the ship would have still collided(head on, not sideways, still better), but then I would have backed up-could take several hours but still-the ship would not have sunk! Oh, fate... So yeah, what is the movie called ? Just Titanic? I didn't see it from the VERY beginning, tuned in at 8:43, or something like that. I don't even know who wrote the piece-Peter someone-oh Gallagher.

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Laura, while I appreciate your youthful exhuberance I must tell you that the film you refer to is a poor comparison to other films on the Titanic. "Titanic" was a made-for-TV movie shown originally over two nights. None of the "real passenger" characters were accurately portrayed and most of the stories were based on myths and not facts. The fictional characters portrayed by Catherine Zeta-Jones and Peter Gallagher were contrived at best. It is - of the opinion of serious Titanic students - the worst film ever made about the ship.
I hope your interest in Titanic will lead you to pursue the true story of this fascinating ship and her passengers - and not just the first class passengers, but the second and third class passengers and all the crew. I think you will find the true stories to be more interesting and dramatic than the fictional ones. I'd be happy to direct you to some of them. Feel free to email me for suggestions.

Kind regards,
Kyrila Scully

L

Laura Melinda Varjo

That's quite right! While I was watching the movie, I noticed the 1997 version one was so much more activated and more appealing. But I really did enjoy this movie too. But Kyrila, I don't get it- you have said the stories portrayed (about the Allisons especially) were myths, not facts. To me, it was all comprehensible, just as it had happened-as if I'd been there, but yes, Trevor did go missing, and the family looked for him til the very end, and little Loraine got left behind by the nurse...then what WERE the facts ? Yes, Alice probably called and searched for Hudson, and then left with baby Trevor. All seemed so real. About that relationship of Catherine Zeta Jones, and Peter-well, of course that is a myth.
Kyrila-are you kidding me ? I don't care about the First Class a bit! Nor the Second class much either. Exceptions are the Allison children, and the Navratil boys and their dad. Third Class rules. Of course, the true stories are SO much better, and sadder than the fictional ones. Sadly, I'm not a huge fan of the crew, officers and such. Don't worry-Titanic will always stay with me, it has definitely for over 3 strong years now. There will be times in my life when I won't have time for it, nor will I care much about it, but I'll still like the Titanic and everything about it the same.

Thanks,
Laura

Status
Not open for further replies.