Titanic museums

chrisshaw

Apr 3, 2013
Culpeper, Va
Hello,

Does anyone know the best museum in the United States to go to to know more about Titanic and her sisters? Also, what do you think of the Titanic museum in Pigeon Forge, TN?

Reactions: 1 user

chrisshaw

Apr 3, 2013
Culpeper, Va
Hello Michael,

Thanks for your advice. Do you know if you are able to take regular pictures at the Titanic museum in Pigeon Forge, TN?

Also, what do you like best about the museum?

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Do you know if you are able to take regular pictures at the Titanic museum in Pigeon Forge, TN? <<

Not permitted. The reason is that many of the artifacts on display are fairly old and bright lights will tend to destroy them over time.

>>Also, what do you like best about the museum?<<

I didn't have any special favourites.

chrisshaw

Apr 3, 2013
Culpeper, Va
>>The reason is that many of the artifacts on display are fairly old and bright lights will tend to destroy them over time.<<

What if I have a camera that does not take flash pictures?

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
One of the main reasons why museums don't like cameras is because visitors taking their own pictures are less likely to buy those sold at the souvenir counter.

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>I know. They just want the money! <<

Why is this an argument?

Got news for you: The money they take in this way is what it takes to keep this place open. These museums/attractions cannot compel revenue by way of taxation. They get no public funding of any kind so if they get no income, they get shut down.