Titanic musical comes to Britain

Nov 22, 2000
They are giving a talk on The Musical at the BTS Convention next Saturday morning - I'm expecting it to be well attended.

Geoff

Mar 28, 2002
Not knowing quite what to expect, I trundled off to York at the weekend to see "Titanic - the musical". Well I must say I was well impressed. For an amateur company production it was excellent. The characters were believeable, the songs apt, the stage set simple but effective. The lifeboat prop was a bit dodgy but was completely overshadowed by the parting scene which I thought was quite moving. Yes, me, I was moved.

There were some glaring errors, such as the survival of Jim Farrell but when I asked how faithful the York production was to the Broadway production I was told the York's was possibly even better than Broadway's.

Geoff, is this the musical that's going to Liverpool?

Cheers,

Boz

May 26, 2004
Hi, My dramatics group are staging 'Titanic - The Musical' if your interested.
Check out www.humdrum.org.uk for details.
I originally joined this forum as research for my parts I play 'Henry Etches' and 'Wallace Hartley', so if anybody has any tips they would be appreciated.

Cheers

Comps

Aug 19, 2006
Hi. Im Christopher Carr and am about to begin directing Titanic The Musical which will go out at The Whitley Bay Playhouse at the end of February 2007. Whitley Bay is about 8 miles outside of Newcastle upon Tyne. The background work has taken 1 1/2 years and we are using the original stage set from the York production. If you need any details just post me, even if it is a massage of good luck or advice from those who have already staged the show