Titanic off Cherbourg

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BRIEAU

I work at La Cité de la Mer (Cherbourg, France) and I search a photo of Titanic off Cherbourg. Please see attached it (collection Claude Molteni de Villermont) printed in the book of Philippe Mélia and Fabrice Vanhoutte “SS Nomadic:petit frí¨re du Titanic”.

Unfortunately M. Molteni de Villermont deceased and nobody knows where is collection is now.

In France, I contact the authors of “SS Nomadic:petit frí¨re du Titanic”, the editor of M. Molteni de Villermont and several associations like the "Association franí§aise du Titanic", "French Lines", the "Association des amis des paquebots", the "Association des amis du musée de la Marine" … Unsuccessfully…

Do you have information about this photo? I think that there are several copies of it, maybe one of you have collected it ?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Best regards,
Sylvie Brieau

--------------------------------------
Sylvie BRIEAU
Media Library Deputy Manager (Museography department)

La Cité de la Mer
Gare Maritime Transatlantique
50100 Cherbourg-Octeville
Tél : 33 (0)2 33 20 26 26
Fax : 33 (0)2 33 20 26 27
http://mediatheque.citedelamer.com
207902.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Hello Jason,

This is a photocopy (so very bad quality) of a photo printed in the book of Philippe Mélia and Fabrice Vanhoutte. I think it's more easier for people to have the image and help me to find someone who have the original of this photo. As I said, I get in touch with many French people to find the eligible party of M. Molteni de Villermont. For the moment unsuccessfully...

Best regards,
Sylvie Brieau

Jason D. Tiller

Hello Sylvie,

Photocopy or not, it quite frankly doesn't make a difference. Copyrights still apply, which we take very seriously here. If you do not have permission to post the photo, I'm going to have remove it.

It's a great photo, but I'm not going to run the risk of having this site on the wrong end of a lawsuit.

Sylvie is not trying to pass the photo off as hers. She's trying to find out who the owners are. So what is the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.