Titanic & Olympic Specification Book

May 19, 2009
The existance of the specification book used in outfitting Titanic & Olympic.
P. Eaton refered to it in "Titanic Triumph & Tragedy".
Would be another good book to re-print! Anyone with the knowledge to check into this being done? I am sure the book would sell!

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>I am sure the book would sell!<<

If you're referring to what's commonly known as Thomas Andrews Notebook, you may be on to something...in 2012. At the moment, interest in anything Titanic related is at a very low ebb. At best, it would appeal to a niche market.

James Smith

Dec 5, 2001
Larry, look at the following thread:

https://www.encyclopedia-titanica.org/discus/messages/5919/71852.html#POST96455

In short, the book is apparently for the Britannic, is (as you say) a separate document than the "Andrews Notebook" (though both apparently have been referred to as a "specification book"), and is in a private collection--not sure whose, but Eaton and Haas, Bill Sauder, and Simon Mills have apparently all referred to it in their writings.

--Jim

May 19, 2009
THANKS JAMES!!! That settles things a bit!
I agree with Jason entirely. Ever since reading about that book it "haunts" your mind.

Dieter Klimow

Sep 24, 2006
I hope that more important sources like the Specification Book are still hidden somewhere, waiting for 2012 and beyond to be published.
I fear that many important sources like the Specification Book are still hidden somewhere, waiting for 2012 to be sold in auction and disappear for a long time into the hands of rich collectors.