Titanic original stationary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 19, 2001
Hi, can anyone help me? I bought lately a set of original stationary from the Titanic. In fact, this looks like a 'card' rather than like real 'stationary'. Where was it to be found on board?
Thanks for any help, Olivier

Dan Cherry

Dec 14, 1999
Hello, Oliver,
without a picture of the stationery/cards, a more detailed description might be in order...

Also, was the stationery verified as being authentic/original? There's a lot of of reproduction pieces out there being touted as original, and usually authentice pieces have provenance and a price tag to boot.

Oct 19, 2001
Hi Dan the Upload Picture button did not work... I could not upload the pictures... Would you mind my sending them directly to you?
Olivier

Eric Longo

Aug 13, 2004
Hi Michael,

try Brian at luxoryLinerrow.com
There is a nice card there right now:

Under White star - item #10999 Olympic Post card

Rare real photo postcard of the Arrol Gantry at Harland & Wolff. If you look closely at the slip way at the center of the card, you can see a double bottom which is most probably the Olympic. Unused with one bump to the bottom right corner, otherwise near mint.

Best,
Eric

Check his stock often!

Jeremy Lee

Jun 12, 2003
Original Titanic stationery especially those used on board - 99% of them turn up only at auctions - and fetch a hefty price.

Status
Not open for further replies.