Titanic passenger portrait

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

trevor ward powell

Hello,

My interest in Titanic's passagers/crew has grown to such a point where I have began to collect small tidbits of their live's before and after the disaster.

Some of my prized possessions include: George Widener's signature and a John Jacob Astor IV bank cheque.

At the moment I'm looking for an actual photograph of a Titanic passenger/crewmember. I almost acquired a gorgeous portrait of Margaret Brown (c. 1911), swathed in rich furs and covered in elegant jewelry. Sadly, the photo was completely destroyed when the seller attempted to remove it from the frame.
sad.gif
Since then, I have been unable to locate another passenger photo up for sale.

Please, if any one out there has a studio portrait they would be willing to sell, please contact me & list a price. I also have items to trade.

Thank you

Trevor,
Do you have anything pretaninig to Benjamin Guggenheim. I am very intersted in him and would love to aquire anything that pretains to him.
Thanks!

T

trevor ward powell

Hi Matt,

I too, am an admirer of his. Sorry to say, I don't have anything that pertains to him though. I did most of my collecting on ebay and I'm sure that if you keep your eyes open, something will eventually pop up.

Trevor,
I noticed you are great at finding stuff on ebay. What kind of tips could you give me. Like for finding stuff on the Olympic, and other things.
Espeacilly scrapped items from the Olympic, like the light you found earlier.
Thanks!

T

trevor ward powell

Hi Matt,

First, when looking on ebay, you want to search using a combination of words. For example, I use the terms "RMS Olympic," "White Star Olympic," "Olympic 1911," S.S. Olympic," and "Steamship Olympic."
Secondly, when searching ebay search both 'Title and Description', and use the category "Transportation." You will be amazed at how many results come up, and many of them sell quite cheaply because they are hidden!

I hope this information can help you

Status
Not open for further replies.