Titanic Passengers' Relatives

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
Marion---

I don't know what newspaper articles you already have, but over the past year or so I've been copying, transcribing and posting to the Titanic mailing lists newspaper articles about Titanic and her New Jersey passengers. As you can imagine, "March" is a name I've come across quite a few times. Most of the articles which I've posted so far (and an index) can be found at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OceanicSteamNavigationCo/files/Titanic%20News%20Articles/

I'll check what I've copied but not yet transcribed to see if there's anything more. If there is, I'll let you know.

MAB

May 14, 2007
Mark Bray; Since your looking for relatives of passengers,you've found one My father was "young Frankie" Frank Goldsmith.
Charles B. Goldsmith, I can be reached at either of these to e-mail addys
[email protected]
[email protected]
Always like to hear from others although they may no more than I do about Titanic. CBG

Apr 7, 2001
Dear Mark Bray,

Looks like you've gotten plenty of responses here. Bet that made you happy.

I didnt' realize this was an old thread until I got to Senan's post. I realized he isn't an active participant and so I noticed the date and said to myself, oh geez, i'm reading an old thread.

A guy at my workplace had a relative on Titanic who survived and he's an interesting guy. Sometimes he comes in to work dressed from the 18th century! Although he hasnt' spoken too much of his relative's experience aboard the great liner, he seems proud enough that he had a relative aboard the famous liner.

Sincerely,

Teri

Jul 10, 2005
Hello Family Members,

Just a note of thanks for taking the time to post for us. Your stories of your family are the lifeblood of Titanic and are what make her story so special.

In Appreciation,

Beverly

P.S.
Hiya Teri

S

Sandy Callaway

Mark--see the Sandstrom page for my story on my mother's aunt and cousins. Sandy

K

Kayla Richards

wow these stories are very interesting. I am researching two families who were on the Titanic. The Davies and the Kelley's. If anyone has any info. or ideas on how to research them I could use all the help I could get! my email is [email protected] om
thanks!
~Kayla~

H

Helen Chetham

Dear Mark,

My name is Helen and I am the Great Great Grandaughter of Col John Weir - a first class passenger on the titanic who perished with her. There is a thread on him under Passanger Research.

Kind Regards

Helen

'Please spare a prayer for my Friend and relative Doug who's Great Uncle was Col Weir - he lost his wife to Cancer recently' - Thinking of you Doug.

F

Faith A Collins

I've been told I'm a distant relative of the Fortune's, namely Alice Elizabeth, does anyone know how I can find out more information about them?

Faith

E

Ernest Frazier

Where there any African Americans on the Titanic? If so who where they?

E

Ernest Frazier

Thanks for the information, by chance would you know his name?

Mar 28, 2002
Hello Ernest,

The only black passenger thought to have been on board was Joseph Laroche, a Haitian national travelling from France to Haiti with his wife Juliette and young daughters Louise and Simonne. Their biographies can be found on this site.

Cheers,

Boz

Don Tweed

Mar 30, 2006
This is a really good question Ernest.
The Jim Crow laws forbid african americans from being on the ship.
Thus, no african americans lost their lives.
An awakening of the black pride we see today.
There have been songs and poems written on this subject.
It has an important ingrediant for the whole.

Reguards, Don

M

Margaret Hansen

I have relatives that I have been trying to get more information on. My great aunt was Katherine McGowan who was lost and a second cousin? her niece Ann McGowan who was saved. I have some info on them but would like more.

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
Don, no African Americans were on board because none bought tickets. They were perfectly free to travel on British ships and on those of other nations. See the details on Jack Johnson on this site. I don't know whether blacks were carried on the few US liners of the time, but I suspect that those who could afford it were.

A member of the crew named T Joas may have been black. He came from the Cape Verde Islands, where hardly anybody is white, but very little is known of him.

P

Paula R Lowther

I to had a realative on the Titanic her name being Mrs Emily A.(Brown)Goldsmith. She was traviling with her husband Frank and her son Franky Jr. She lost her husband but she and her son survived have a little more on her not sure what your looking for? Let me know.
Putt

Don Tweed

Mar 30, 2006
Dave, I got ny info from Wyn Craig Wades'"Titanic: End of a Dream"
Maybe he was wrong, I dont know?
If you have the book go to pages 295-296.
This is what i based my post on.
Best Reguards, Don