Titanic PASSENGERS who'd already been on the Olympic

Arun Vajpey

Apr 21, 2009
I am trying to find out how many passengers on board the Titanic's ill-fated maiden voyage had traveled on board the sister ship Olympic before the disaster. I am referring to only bona fide passengers, NOT crew or White Star staff or others who were on the Olympic on any official capacity. Also, only those who were on the Olympic before the Titanic.

I know of two, little Virginia Martin-Emmanuel and her nanny Elizabeth Dowdell. But I am sure there were others.

Mar 18, 2008
Germany
Out from memory J.J. & Madeleine Astor, Margaret Brown, Percival White, George Brereton, Drew, Abott, Dodges.
There must be several more but can not remember right now.

Reactions: 2 users

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
I am trying to find out how many passengers on board the Titanic's ill-fated maiden voyage had traveled on board the sister ship Olympic before the disaster. I am referring to only bona fide passengers, NOT crew or White Star staff or others who were on the Olympic on any official capacity. Also, only those who were on the Olympic before the Titanic.

I know of two, little Virginia Martin-Emmanuel and her nanny Elizabeth Dowdell. But I am sure there were others.
JJ and Madeleine Astor

Arun Vajpey

Apr 21, 2009
I just remembered reading somewhere that Steward Frederick Ray had served Martin and Elizabeth Rothschild on the Olympic before they sailed on the Titanic.

Reactions: 1 user

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
But he was not on the Titanic. There are rumours that he had a suite booked but changed his mind due to business pressures or something. I don't know if that is true.
Ismay's wife cancelled, said his son was sick. She was found two days later on vacation or something. I think JP Morgan said the same.

Nov 14, 2005
I've always read that J.P. Morgan claimed he got sick and thats why he canceled his trip. That helped fuel some of the conspiracy theories that are out there. Given his age at the time it could be as simple as he wasn't feeling well. None of the theories I've read involving him made no sense anyway. He died less than year after Titanic so I tend to believe he was probably feeling poorly.

May 3, 2005
Likewise. But whoever or if ever whom he was with ......It is well documented that he was not aboard the Titanic.....And he wasn't sick.

Nov 14, 2005
Likewise. But whoever or if ever whom he was with ......It is well documented that he was not aboard the Titanic.....And he wasn't sick.
Yes. True. No doubt about that. Whether or not he was sick or wasn't I don't know. He could have been using that as an excuse for something else. But he wasn't in the best of health his last years.

Nov 14, 2005
But he was not on the Titanic. There are rumours that he had a suite booked but changed his mind due to business pressures or something. I don't know if that is true.
On this sites page on him one of the articles say he booked the suite. But cancelled. It also says 2 others had booked that suite and cancelled also. That's how Ismay ended up with it.